Removal of possible MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah89Nails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm in a tricky situation. I had a new client come for rebalance of another therapists french L+P a couple of months ago. They took me forever! They were sooo thick and lumpy so I had to file for a long time to get them to anywhere near the thickness for a rebalance. They were so hard to file, and smelt really weird and fishy and even though she had had them on for 8 weeks there was no lifting and she told me they only took half an hour to do.

So a lot of that made me think they may be MMA, that and the unbranded containers she said the therapists used.
But obviously I could say definitely but I've never seen anything like them.

I rebalanced them again before Xmas and had a terrible time (she brought her child and the kid was sick all over my salon room!)

Sounds bad but I hoped she wouldn't come back. She was so apologetic but it was just too much stress.

She got in touch today to ask for a removal and new set as a couple are lifting. I would prefer to do a nice new set but I'm dreading how long it will take to remove these. Any advice? The previous therapists set should be quite a bit grown out but they had leaked under the nail too when sculpted if you get me.

Sorry for the huge post but I don't know what to do :(

X

Let her know you are happy to do then but will charging your standard rate and then x amount per 30minutes after or something along then lines? X

I really shouldn't admit this as it's appalling of me...but I went to a salon which I presume use mma...my friend had said "you never get chance to do your own so I'm treating you I've booked and paid for us both at a salon"...if she had told me where before I'd of asked to go somewhere else...ANYWAY
I had these done end of November...I had tried to remove them twice but it was just taking forever in acetone and isn't easy with little one around...I finally removed them last week and they've ruined my nails...they look and feel sore and are paper thin...they had this same smell you mention when I filed them...I found 4 bowls...2 with warm water in bottom then 2 with acetone sat on the warm water worked best x

Personally if I suspected MMA I wouldn't try removing them as I'd be worried if her nails were in a state she might blame me. Could you advise her to get them romped at the salon where she had them done and then say you'd be happy to place a new set afterwards. Explained you don't use the same products so best to go back to where they were placed.
I guess you might loose her as a client but would you be that bothered? Sometimes it's not worth the stress is it
Good luck

Ha ha romped! Obviously I meant removed!

Thanks girls, I would much prefer she had the other therapist remove them but cuz I've Infilled them twice it's a bit tricky. I wouldn't be too bothered about loosing her to be honest, especially after the last appointment! Any idea what I should say?

I thought maybe I should say that because the previous product is still on the majority of the nail it would be better to have it removed by the same therapist as I'm unsure of the removal process for that product. Then I'd be happy to book you in for a new set.

Does that sound ok? It's not worth my time removing that. She can only do after 6:30 so I may end up working very late if it takes ages to remove.

X

Why do you need to remove it? File as much as you can, prep the natural nail and rebalance using your own product until the existing acrylic grows out. No need to stress out or lose a client over it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

It's just that it is overflowed under the sculpting forms the previous therapist did and it makes it look really curled and thick at the edge. She's booked a removal from the original therapist and booked a new set from me as she really didn't like the set that therapist did. So I'm looking forward to doing a nice new set for her :) thanks girls

X

What's MMA if you don't mind me asking?
Glad you got the situation sorted :)

Oh god, I bet the old therapist pulls them all off and makes her nails even thinner and sore! Be careful when she books in for a new set now because her nails will be in a bad way if they do this! I would of just removed them to ensure they are being removed properly so you can put a new set on without further damage. I would book out an hour though to soak those babies off and use warm water and be prepared to do a lot of filing but like you said if your not bothered she might get them removed and a new set with her old therapist

I know, I hope they won't be too bad but I just couldn't face trying to remove them. I spent over 2hours just rebalancing them as I had to file them down by about 70% as they were so thick. And they were rock solid. Ill be glad to do a nice new set when she's in next week just hope I don't come across more clients coming from her. :(

X

I know, I hope they won't be too bad but I just couldn't face trying to remove them. I spent over 2hours just rebalancing them as I had to file them down by about 70% as they were so thick. And they were rock solid. Ill be glad to do a nice new set when she's in next week just hope I don't come across more clients coming from her. :(

X

Think of the improvement your making though!

I know Alex, I'm actually excited to do a lovely French l+p set for her so she can see what a good set really looks like :)

X

Latest posts

Back