Removal time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnap

Reaction score
How long does it usually take you to remove a set of nails? (hard gel sculpted extensions).

I've invested in a SOAK OFF BONDER (Hallelujah!) but have not yet received it. I've also ordered a better e-file with different bits (again...not yet arrived).
I spent way too much time removing my friends nails, with some gel still remaining (as I'm petrified of filing the natural nail)....but I know it will get better with practice. Im just a bit overwhelmed at how slow I am with all this, and would like to know what time frame to work towards.

Why are you spending time removing them? Just debulk, reshape, buff out any buffing and reapply new product.

She wanted them removed. Got in the way of playing guitar.

So it's not a normal situation so I wouldn't worry too much if its only occasionally

If you happen to be left-handed like I am, then getting a left handed bit will be the best thing ever, and the difference is night and day. I spent so much money on good bits, even an amazing e-efile, but the bits were for righties. Then I tried a low quality left handed bit I got cheaply, just to try it to see. And it was amazingly different. So now I have invested in a lot of good quality left handed bits. Best thing a leftie can do. I was told by many people including e-file educator (who was right handed) that it didn't matter. But it does. So I guess I wanted to just leave this piece of advice here in case anyone else is a leftie too. ^_^ The other, also best, thing you can do is get TRAINED in using an efile. The kind of bits used for debulking and removing material can do some serious damage in the wrong inexperienced hands. And people might think they're doing it right but they might not be. Better be safe and invest in training and a proper e-file (not the cheap 70 dollar ebay ones). :)

Latest posts

Back