Removing acrylic from natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can acrylic be removed in the same way Shellac is ? With Acetone or Nourishing Remover, with cotton wool&foil on each finger nail ?

It's been along time since I removed acrylic and have a lady coming in the morning to have some removed.

Also how long would it be left on the nail before trying to remove, I understand it would be longer than if removing shellac.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Hi guys,
Can acrylic be removed in the same way Shellac is ? With Acetone or Nourishing Remover, with cotton wool&foil on each finger nail ?

It's been along time since I removed acrylic and have a lady coming in the morning to have some removed.

Also how long would it be left on the nail before trying to remove, I understand it would be longer than if removing shellac.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Not sure if nourishing remover removes acrylic- I've never tried but given that acetone is an ingredient- it should.

You will need to debunk the acrylic and take it as thin as you can and then I
Would soak cotton pad in acetone and wrap in foul, putting a bit of solar oil on cuticle and side wall area to prevent during and leave for about 30 mins xx

Not sure if nourishing remover removes acrylic- I've never tried but given that acetone is an ingredient- it should.

You will need to debunk the acrylic and take it as thin as you can and then I
Would soak cotton pad in acetone and wrap in foul, putting a bit of solar oil on cuticle and side wall area to prevent during and leave for about 30 mins xx

Oops-

*debulk
*foil
*drying

Bloomin auto correct!

Great thankyou v.much for your reply x

How much would you charge to remove the acrylic/shellac (think she said she has shellac over the acrylic too ? I definitely haven't bargained for how long it will take :sad:

How much would you charge to remove the acrylic/shellac (think she said she has shellac over the acrylic too ? I definitely haven't bargained for how long it will take :sad:

Depends if she is having another service with you. If I were reapplying I would charge £10 on top of the additional service, if it was straight removal then I charge £20 and try to retail a solar oil xxx

Latest posts

Back