Removing another nail tech's Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsara

Reaction score
I have one of my ladies coming to get Shellac done tonight, I haven't seen her for a month or two but she normally comes to me for her treatments. Her daughter got Shellac done at the beginning of the week and she was with her. She said she got a voucher so had her shellac done else where - they made a lovely job. Anyway.....she is coming to get her Shellac done with me tonight but she will be expecting me to remove the other nail techs Shellac - should I charge her for this. Normally I incorporate the cost of removal of Shellac within the price I charge to encourage them to come back for removal, but of coursec this is not my Shellac. Not sure what 'the right thing to do' would be. Any advise would be gratefully received.

I would charge her plain and simple xx

Do you want her to keep coming to you? Or do you want her to go back to where she got it done with her voucher ?

For the sake of, a few pounds are you prepared to lose out on a new regular client?

I would remove...Shellac only takes 10 mins after all and just charge my normal price, making sure she knew her next removal was included in the price to ensure she comes back to ME !

I have one of my ladies coming to get Shellac done tonight, I haven't seen her for a month or two but she normally comes to me for her treatments. Her daughter got Shellac done at the beginning of the week and she was with her. She said she got a voucher so had her shellac done else where - they made a lovely job. Anyway.....she is coming to get her Shellac done with me tonight but she will be expecting me to remove the other nail techs Shellac - should I charge her for this. Normally I incorporate the cost of removal of Shellac within the price I charge to encourage them to come back for removal, but of coursec this is not my Shellac. Not sure what 'the right thing to do' would be. Any advise would be gratefully received.

if you include removal in your application price, did you remove her last lot of shellac (or did she get it removed at the 'else where' place) in which case technically you owe her a removal. You just need to be wary as you have no guarantee that it was genuine shellac that she received so maybe warn her that if the removal takes longer you will have to make a surcharge.

Ive been in this position before and didn't charge the extra. However it wasn't Shellac after taking 50 minutes to remove!
I educated my client and although she paid for Shellac, it was a cheap gel.
Yes it took ages to remove, but she has been coming to me every 2 weeks for the last 6 months. She also recommended me to her friend that travels miles to see me every 2 weeks also.

Don't charge, it's worth it 😄
X

I would be willing to remove another techs Shellac provided it is Shellac and the client was wanting reapplication. If a client came to you with polish on and was asking for a manicure with polish, would you refuse to remove another techs polish job?

Wow her with your customer service and application so that she comes back again and begin your treatment by informing her that a standard Shellac removal takes about 10 minutes and that you don't charge for this and that non shellac products requiring abnormally long removal will incur an additional charge.

I agree completely with izzidoll.

I also incorporate removal in my application price, in which case I think you can be generous with her but I would let her know that you are being generous :) sometimes to be business smart, you have to see the BIG picture and the long-term benefits instead of just thinking about making a short-term buck!! :hug:

Last edited:
Your advice has been amazing and just what I was looking for. I will remove her Shellac for nothing and hopefully she will keep coming back to me. Thank you very much everyone for your comments as this has given me a lot of reassurance. Merry Christmas Geeks xxx

Latest posts

Back