Removing Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie24

Reaction score
Im a nail/skin geek but i need help from you hair geeks!!

Ive had some rem hair extensions in for around 8 weeks now and they are in a bit of a mess (matted in some parts, tangled) :(

What is the best way to get them out? I bought some oil and shampoo from sallys that the lady there recommended but it doesnt look like it could do the job? Also will it strip my hair colour out? Its red :eek:

Ive got over 200 bonds in as i have lots of hair and i dont want to go back to the lady that put them in as im embarrassed that it might be my fault for not looking after them properly. Ive always warn clip in extensions and the last time i had bonded ones i had no probs and had them for just over 3 montsh.

Thanks for any help x

You must go back to get them properly removed. By attempting this yourself using the wrong thing you risk serious hair loss.

I agree with Persianista you need to return to the person who put them in .
This is a professional forum so we cant give out DIY advice on this matter as stated in Geek Commandments.

Agree with the above... the reason so many people think hair extensions are dangerous to the hair is because people are doing what you are attempting...

Extensions need to be fitted by a professional, maintaned and removed by a proffessional.

If your to embarraced to have her remove them find soebody else in the area. By ur comment you haven't had them maintained which could be part of the problem along with you possibly not paying as much attention to them as you should.

People often mistake extensions as just the fitting and thats it... The costs do not stop there and people should really reconsider hair extensions if they are A. Looking for cheap ones B. Not willing to look after them C. trying DIY solutions.

Sorry bit of a rant as I have alot of Essex Chavs in my area wanting extensions for £100! Then I get people from other "proffessionals" come and say omg look whats happened!

Latest posts

Back