Removing needle from HVLP Maximist XL without tool?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi
I need to remove the needle from my spray tan gun but can't find the tool! I've ordered another but ideally need to get it out asap. Got several clients in the next few days. My guns spraying but intermittent i can work with it but it's a pain!
Thanks

Hi
I need to remove the needle from my spray tan gun but can't find the tool! I've ordered another but ideally need to get it out asap. Got several clients in the next few days. My guns spraying but intermittent i can work with it but it's a pain!
Thanks
can you not take it out using pliers?

Hi
Thanks
If you squeeze the handle on your gun it should push the needle out slightly and you can pull it from there

You have the Helia 2.0 I am guessing? - this is the only applicator with a needle removal tool I think.

Simply pull the fluid tip out and when you need to unscrew the needle put a cloth on it first to give you a better grip and to avoid breaking a nail (heaven forbid) ;) or as above use nose tipped pliers but be careful not to damage the needle.
As you are unscrewing pull it too as it does need a little tug to release after unscrewing too.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you, I've still not received the tool so will try these today. Noticed I had a small hole in my tube so thought this was actually the reason I was getting intermittent spray, repaired it and still having problems so guessing I have a blockage! Will hopefully be able to get this needle out with the tips given. Thanks so much :) x

Intermittent spray may be due to the gland nut being too tight.

If you have the Helia 2.0 there is no gland nut to adjust ;)
When you are setting it back up ensure you pull the trigger when resembling all the parts again (after you have inserted the needle). Otherwise the needle pushes everything forward which can cause an air gap which can cause intermittent spray / freckly tan.
There are tutorials on you tube showing how to re-assemble - one on Suntana too :)

Latest posts

Back