Removing NSI glitter tips....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulu83x

Reaction score
Hi everyone, maybe a silly question but I am still a 'learner' so thought i''d come straight to you guys.. I am still at the friend and family stage before I start my course (been practicing for 3 years lol) I done some NSI acrylic glitter tips on my friend 2 weeks ago, and instead of an infill she wants a new design.. how do I go about this? do I file down as much as I can to remove the glittered tip? I did this on myself last month and it took me forever to get rid of the glitter so I just done a complete removal and started from scratch... or is an e-file the answer? I do not have one of these so that's not an option for me (not trained either obviously lol) so how do you go about this if your client wanted to keep the extensions but not the glitter?? sorry if this is a silly question :o xx

Hi usually if I do a glitter design I would cover the nail in raiding pink first ie basecoat and then. Onto ie with the design ! It mean if they want a complete change the next time I just buff down to the radiant pink layer!
In your case you could either buff it of or soak it it's really up to you sorry I can't be of any more help :)x

Hi hunni.....I would normally either clip the glitter tip off and sculpt another one or if you don't scultp I think the only answer is to file as much as you can, get them really thin then the new colour should cover it.

Anyone, please feel free to correct me or give alternative advice if I am wrong but this is the way I have been told on here in the past :)

HTH xxxx

If its a drastic change I clip the tip off and sculpt another
Vicki xx

Hi there !!

I just completed my training in November and this is what my teacher thought me :

File down the acrylic as much as you can, you want to get the tip as thin as a natural nail without breaking it.

Then, sculpt the new nail/tip/design on top.

Follow the necessary steps as you would with any new application, file sides, on top, etc.

Then as a last step with your drill, go underneath with a smaller/thinner bit. I have a bit that is super fine, kinda like the tip of a pencil, and I use it for UNDERNEATH the nail. So basically, you get your client to turn her hand around, with your thumb of your left hand (assuming you're holding your drill/e-file with your right hand), pull her skin/finger away from the nail and careful file and remove what is left of the previous color.

I just did my sister's nails this week. She had purple sparkling tip and wanted silver. I followed these steps and it worked out great.

Filing underneath the nail can be a little tricky, so just be careful and take your time to do it.

thanks eveyone :) I have only practiced sculpting on my practice hand so no way near confident to do that :/ hmmm Im thinking a full removal and start again as im still learning, just out of curiosity do most of you actually sculpt a new tip then? is that the norm? or would you file it off?? im guessing there is no right and wrong? xx

file as much as you can, get them really thin then the new colour should cover it.

Anyone, please feel free to correct me or give alternative advice if I am wrong but this is the way I have been told on here in the past :)

HTH xxxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hun, im think im going to go with this xx

Latest posts

Back