Removing Red from my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last week I put on my hair a schwarkopf ingora vibrance, 2 parts 5.88 to 1 part 6.89. Now I love the colour but as per usual it fades super fast & quickly becomes very dull so I've decided to go back to a brunette, the question is how? Is there a quick fix solution rather than trying to remove this red gradually? I know that green counteracts the red but I just need a shove in the right direction, lol.

Many Thanks in advance

Katrina x

hi i use wella and the base shades are the 'green' in there range,
AS FAR AS I KNOW???????
i would just put the base in whatever shade your after straight on it
the red gives you all the warmth you need x

Hi hun,

My daughter has been various shades of lumo red for the last couple of years and is now well on the way to being a brunette again. The results you get will be dependent on the porosity of your hair but i used a flay colour brown to start shade 5 and mixed the green colour corrector base in with this, use the guide on your colour chart for measure of the green .developer strength go for 10% or less or even a quasi developer .
Im a just squeeze it in and mix it up kind of gal im afraid.Results are great. colour applied 6 weeks ago and redish shade only slightly visble now , will br browne re tinting soon and will go down a level more on the developer. Once you have acheived a suitable shade without the red tones you could then look at adding other brown , brunette shades, have fun x

if you use a base 5 with ash ie 5.1 then the ash (gree) will counter act the red tones, alternatively wash your hair numberous times with head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo and because it is medicated it strips the colour out, and then most of the red will be removed, good luck x

I'd stick with the ash in a 6 though, as the ash can make it look darker, and since you are between a 6 and 5 x

Latest posts

Back