Removing Shellac leaving basecoat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I use the magis wraps when removing Shellac and leave on for 10 minutes, then I use an orangewood stick and lightly scrape away from
the nail. However I've noticed there's a slight remains of the basecoat. Should the nail be completely bare when doing a re-shellac?
Thanks for your help in advance
X

this sometimes happens to me, but I wipe with acetone, I think it not leaving the wraps on for quite long enough, it's easily taken off though x

I also get this too and I just go over with acetone after. Not ideal, but it works.

Yep me too but I do the same as everyone else and I agree Shuntersue, I think its because I havent left them on long enough.

Karaxxx

I used to use the Magis but find the shellac remover wraps best as they seem more absorbent. Also giving a slight twist when taking them off helps as mentioned in the nail fixer video. I do wipe over as well but it is for only tiny pieces that are left behind.:)

It's either the wraps haven't been left on long enough or the product may have been applied too thick.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll certainly bear that in mind when removing again :)
X

Latest posts

Back