Removing Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi I've just tried removing shellac from my nails after 5 days as they had chipped a little. It was an absolute nightmare which took ages. I used the wraps soaked in the remover provided in the kit. I left it 10 mins as required but still had to scrap the polish off my nails.
Help needed :((

I have never had any trouble, perhaps if your hands are really cold perhaps wrap them in a towel with a hot water bottle? App it works better with warmth

It sounds like you applied your shellac too thick. Every coat should be thin, especially the base coat. Also make sure the wraps are saturated with remover and wrapped tightly. You should never have to scrape it off :(

Ive been having such a nightmare with the nourishing remover! Love it in general but it's now causing me grief with removal. Thinking I will just go back to my dsolve to be honest....and before anyone says it - I'm applying the base coat really thin! It always seems to be base and a bit of colour that won't come off easily. Took me half hour last time - why? Who knows :/

Also make sure you saturate that cotton pad and wrap nice and tight x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi this has happened again. I thought I had soaked the pads with loads of pure acetone( which came with the set) but again had trouble removing the shellac and had to scrape it off from my daughters nails. Up until now I have been using opi gelcolor and have never had a problem with the removal. :((((

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi this has happened again. I thought I had soaked the pads with loads of pure acetone( which came with the set) but again had trouble removing the shellac and had to scrape it off from my daughters nails. Up until now I have been using opi gelcolor and have never had a problem with the removal. :((((

Sent from donna @ www.purebella.co.uk

Use CND nourishing remover rather than pure acetone

Donna I find that I have scraps of base coat left on the nails too. I've been trying different methods and its getting better but still not 100% removed. So you're not on your own Hun xx keep trying! Xx

What do you do with the bits that won't scrape off? I always find on myself it's so much harder to remove.

I soak a lint free pad with the remover, press it hard onto the nail and leave for about 30 seconds then I rub the nail with it - this usually gets rid of stubborn bits !

Opi gelcolor is far easier to remove than shellac, this is one reason why my clients have switched. Even though I apply the coats of shellac really thin I find it harder to remove. I do find the opi remover better than the nourishing remover though.

I don't remove other nail techs shellac either as it took me half an hour to get it off the other day, and it was definitely shellac!

Hmmm I've never had this problem with the pads and have once or twice removed shellac without them too.

I ran out of cotton pads once so I soaked my shellac off in a glass bowl with enough pure acetone in it to cover my fingertips. I soaked my nails for more than 10 mins and barely had to do any work at all on removing the residue. I could see most of it cracking and flaking off while in the bowl. Once I took my hand out and places it on a towel, all it took was for me to wipe my nails with a kitchen roll paper. Try leave the pads on a little longer or soak your finger tips freely in a glass bowl.

xProjectPrettyx

Ok I will give it another go. Would you put them in heated mitts as I do this with opi gel color

Sent from donna

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back