Removing stubborn red - bronde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessec2000

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

In need if a bit of help , so today I had a client in with a deep red base 6.60 & 5.56 pic below she is wanting bronde colour so I stripped it with rusk colour remover ended up a caramel colour , so I then applied a full head foil highlights and flooded with 7.13 . Once developed I toned with 9/60 &8/69 illumina and ended with this result slightly brassy uneven blondey / auburn .. Ok I know not perfect at all but I dunno what to do now she is coming back next week and I just don't know where to start ... Please please any ideas ???? Pics below before ,after , colour requested
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437255413.101824.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437255432.667353.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437255522.150511.jpg

Hiya I think I would have flooded with (at a guess without seeing the middle stage) a blue ash base 7 (maybe 6) to get the darker colour in that last picture.
And the blonde looks like it needs lifting lighter.
I think it very was optimistic to think it would lift that light in one application.
I always under promise when doing colour correction.

Whats the condition of it like? x

I would have used 7/81 to tone.
The darker hair (bottom layer) in the picture of the requested look looks like a 6 or even a 5... The lighter parts about 7-9.
In the picture her hair looks pretty knackered. Specially the ends. Honestly I wouldn't lift it any more anytime soon if it really is as damaged as it looks here.
I'd tone the hair with illumina 7/81 and pastel and give her a good haircut. Tell her to come back in a few weeks to do highlights. Give her some treatments to do in the meantime.
Always better to wait a little but at least have some presentable hair left haha

Hiya I think I would have flooded with (at a guess without seeing the middle stage) a blue ash base 7 (maybe 6) to get the darker colour in that last picture.
And the blonde looks like it needs lifting lighter.
I think it very was optimistic to think it would lift that light in one application.
I always under promise when doing colour correction.

Whats the condition of it like? x
Well it's not great , but she has text me this morning saying she is quite orangey this morning and needs it done again ASAP .. Not entirely sure what to do .. Was thinking doing half head very very fine high lights around the hair line and maybe a few balyage pieces over the top but not sure what to do the rest with .. Saying she still has a lot of red warmth in the hair would I be correct in saying I wouldn't need to pre pig before putting an blue/ash on it?

Next time, I would have thought you'd be better doing slices of lightener and 10 vol to lift up slowly and gently, and flood with possibly two semi permanent mixtures, as the top looks yellow, ends orange (unless thats the light)

Then tone the blonde accordingly afterwards.

The blue ash is neutralising the orange tones don't know when/why you'd prepig??

If she insists you do it I wouldn't promise her it will be perfect, warn her it may cause damage doing it straight away, and just point out how hard it is to remove.
I'd also suggest she has a really good cut all over x

Next time, I would have thought you'd be better doing slices of lightener and 10 vol to lift up slowly and gently, and flood with possibly two semi permanent mixtures, as the top looks yellow, ends orange (unless thats the light)

Then tone the blonde accordingly afterwards.

The blue ash is neutralising the orange tones don't know when/why you'd prepig??

If she insists you do it I wouldn't promise her it will be perfect, warn her it may cause damage doing it straight away, and just point out how hard it is to remove.
I'd also suggest she has a really good cut all over x
Thanks for your help...I am still trying to get my head round the prepig thing... My thinking would be "so I have stripped the hair of all its pigment, so if I add a blue ash tone will it not go "Muddy"?

But in this case she still has quite a bit of orange/yellow/red in the hair so I wouldn't need it?? I just find it hard to understand.:confused: my head is a lot to explode with this one..:(

Hi ya !!! A little update on this.

I have had to cut a lot off the length of the hair and requested she did treatments ALOT!! She says she has been doing all what's needed... So she is coming back this evening...:eek: My plan of attack is below any suggestions please please let me know.. Before 6pm ;)lol

Root Touch KP 7/0 & 7/73
Comb Through to diffuse lines
Gentle highlights 20 vol starting in Mowhawk Section 1weave:2slices continuing into side sections
Section out just below the ears and colour with CT 7/71
The 2 remaining back sections again 1weave:2slices but with 30 vols
Develop for 20 mins and using bottle application colour the hair that's out of the foils in CT 7/71
Process for another 15 Mins.
Tone at bowl with Illumina 10/69.

Also it would be interesting to hear how much other people would charge for this..I think I might be selling my self short..:rolleyes:

Thanks All:):):):):)

So I ended up with this colour .. I am happy and client is happy still warmth at the back dunno how to get this out without compromising the hair it's pretty damaged ..

Any suggestions ?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440108801.827724.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440108730.278779.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440108730.278779.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 77
If you were using a .1 instead of a .7 you will get a cooler result

Ok thanks so I will try a 7.1 next time to flood. But even in the high lights that I put in the ends still had a little red tone to them..I couldn't use a higher vol on them because they are pretty damaged. Is there any thing I can do about them or is it just time and patience?

Your help is greatly Appreciated.:)

Ok thanks so I will try a 7.1 next time to flood. But even in the high lights that I put in the ends still had a little red tone to them..I couldn't use a higher vol on them because they are pretty damaged. Is there any thing I can do about them or is it just time and patience?

Your help is greatly Appreciated.:)

Olaplex!

Tone the highlights with a .1 too

Tone the highlights with a .1 too

I don't think that would help.. It looks as though the hair is stained from the red..Maybe I am wrong

Aston and fincher sell olaplex

Yep aston and fincher

I can't find olaplex on the Aston and fincher website - do you think this is because it's out of stock? Or is it only available in the warehouse not online? X

I had to ask for it in my local A and F. They had it out the back

Great, I'm due a trip there so I'll ask them! I use the Birmingham ones, hall green and Perry Barr ... anyone know if they're stocking them?

Yeah they don't have it for online sales. I had to ring up for mine!

Latest posts

Back