Rental price

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi

I am going on maternity leave and am self employed so I want to rent my business to a friend as I don't want to employ her.
She'll be working on a self employed basis ordering her own stock etc, I'm providing the clientele and equipment.
How much should I rent it out to her? Not done this before so any help is appreciated! I was thinking along the lines of £150 per week but is this too steep?

Rachel :)

Who will be paying the monthly bills?? Electric, water, phone, rent, business rates?
Will she be taking over the whole lot financially until you return?

Is she a GOOD friend? Or just someone you're quite friendly with? Just set ground rules, you want to be able to have your leave knowing you have a client base to cone back too x

I charge a member of staff that is self employed £340 a week and he only cuts. when i was self employed i paid £1000 every 4 weeks. So i think shes getting a very good deal. Business is business dont be afraid to talk money

Also you can only 'give' her clientele to a degree.
What if they have her and never go back until your back as not happy with her? What if clients has her and aren't happy and never come back to either of you?
What if they don't want to go to her at all as don't know her work? What if clients go to her, like her more than you and go to wherever she goes to when she leaves your place?

Worth thinking about.

Thank you all for replying.

I will remain paying the bills other than electric as it's a card meter, so mainly in ease she can do that off her own back.

I have thought what if my clients don't like her and we both lose them, although this worries me I don't know what else I can do as I do want time off with my baby. I just have to trust that she'll look after them and I know I will lose some but don't know if this is unavoidable. She's been a good friend for 10years and again I hope I have a business to come back to, I don't think she'd aim to take that from me.

It's so stressful!

Rachel

Awww you really don't need the worry bless your heart.

I do think £150 a week is very cheap, after you've paid everything out, that won't leave much income for you surly.

You don't need the added worry of paying all the bills out of your £150.

Latest posts

Back