Renting a beauty room-how long did it take to build up clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've just seen a beauty rooom for rent not far from me
I've only just started mobile so don't have a lot of clients yet.

Do you think I'm mad to take this beauty room on?? Anyone
Else done it with no clients??

I know I won't be busy to start with but want
To make enough to pay the rent and a little more to live on.

How long did it take you to build your room?
Can anyone share any advice

Thanks xxx

No I don't think your mad.

I'm doing the same :) but I've left one salon 20 miles away and I am setting up again will have a few mobile clients from before I worked in the salon and a few from the salon will pop over.

The salon I will be working in will help promote me and have agreed to reduce rent for the first few months x

Leely x

No I don't think your mad.

I'm doing the same :) but I've left one salon 20 miles away and I am setting up again will have a few mobile clients from before I worked in the salon and a few from the salon will pop over.

The salon I will be working in will help promote me and have agreed to reduce rent for the first few months x

Leely x

Hi im going to pm you xx

I started renting a room since August and had no client base to begin with. It's going ok, things are slow but that's to be expected. I hope to gain a few more clients during the busy Christmas period.

I started fresh it will be 3 years in November!! It's been hard but I love my job!!

If you have foot fall I'm sure your be busy quicker than you think xx

Just wondering how u are getting on as I'm about to look at renting part time in a salon...I too have worked mobile with a small client base!

I did it too - 7 months on I'm starting to build but it's been slow and hard at times. Go for it? It's nicer for you to have a base and your range if treatments can be bigger as you progress xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it too - 7 months on I'm starting to build but it's been slow and hard at times. Go for it? It's nicer for you to have a base and your range if treatments can be bigger as you progress xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am excited about it now!

I have been wondering about this also, I work as a office manager 9-3pm and do mobile beauty from 4 pm, qualified in October last year and in fairness to me being new I have been really busy, I have also done extra courses too, but now I am bored in my day job and really want to jump right into beauty all the time, only problem is I have 2 kids, growing up in their teens so quite self sufficient and a mortgage so can't really just stop what I'm doing and have no income. I'm thinking is salon work the answer or just stick to both jobs as although fully qualified I would still be going in with no salon experience.

I don't really know what I'm going to do, maybe I'm having a mid life crisis (39) but just love doing beauty!

Anyone else's in a similar situation?

S.J x

I have been wondering about this also, I work as a office manager 9-3pm and do mobile beauty from 4 pm, qualified in October last year and in fairness to me being new I have been really busy, I have also done extra courses too, but now I am bored in my day job and really want to jump right into beauty all the time, only problem is I have 2 kids, growing up in their teens so quite self sufficient and a mortgage so can't really just stop what I'm doing and have no income. I'm thinking is salon work the answer or just stick to both jobs as although fully qualified I would still be going in with no salon experience.

I don't really know what I'm going to do, maybe I'm having a mid life crisis (39) but just love doing beauty!

S.J x

Iv no children but do hv a mortgage,wedding to pay for this wk and bills-have 9-5 mon to fri and also work out of hrs in the health service but then beauty evening and wknds when I can.
I def cannot afford to quit my job but I'm gonna give the renting room a go! Least iv tried then and il hv salon experience

Hi.

I work part time 8-3 Mon to Thurs and the rest of the time I am in my salon. Been afraid to actually make the move into the salon full time but clients are nice and steady now (touch wood) and I think it is the time to make the jump. Planning on being full time in the salon by summer.

It is very scary indeed as I do have a good job, but I have spent too much time and money not to make a go of it. Go for it!

xx

Hi.

I work part time 8-3 Mon to Thurs and the rest of the time I am in my salon. Been afraid to actually make the move into the salon full time but clients are nice and steady now (touch wood) and I think it is the time to make the jump. Planning on being full time in the salon by summer.

It is very scary indeed as I do have a good job, but I have spent too much time and money not to make a go of it. Go for it!

xx

Can I ask if you feel money wise you would be okay if u went full time? I'm worried about this

S.J x

I am the same. I am 32 quailifed nearly 2 years ago, been doing extra courses and would love to do it full time. But i have a mortgage and a new born so not realistic to give up my day job, Which i do enjoy but beauty consumes my thoughts :) 3 weeks ago i was offered rooms in a hair salon but it was bad timing. I have a home salon but really working into getting everything all set up legit and opening in the next few months. But it will be evenings and weekends. Once i am doing treatments i am happy.

I rent and started with no client base last may. It is slowly building up and I am making a very small profit - enough to cover my bills & a bit of pocket money. But I only work 3 days a week and it is simply for pocket money at the moment as my partner has a very good job & looks after the household stuff. obviously I want it to build but am in a very lucky position at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Meant to add that I negotiated my rent as a % so that if I'm quiet I haven't got the worry of finding rent. Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

So iv found a room and am negotiating a wkly rate,possibly £50-70, for a thurs fri eve and Saturday.This includes room for massage table and space to move around, another small mr for tanning and a separate nail table in reception.Theres possibility of extending hours but I work full time so at the min this isn't possible!
I have all my equipment from a home salon so I'd literally just be moving to a salon. I'm saving to get married and things are tight so am v worried about not making a profit!
What do u all think?

We rent out a room within our hair salon for beauty.
She started with a few clients that followed but still had to build up much of her client base that she now has which is keeping her busy 5 days a week.
We have quite a nice salon, out of town salon which does help initially with foot fall but what I think many people forget is that not only do they have to like you and the services you provide but also the room/environment that you possibly use makes the whole experience worthy of coming back and also worth them recommending you to others as word of mouth is the most powerful advertising.
New customers always mention as they walk in what a nice room it is and first impressions last.

My point is, what are the rooms like? Has it got space all around the couch/table, does it have a sink or shower and is the decoration giving off a quality feel as I feel this is a key component to your future success.
No point renting a cupboard in a salon just for the sake of it.

I know what you mean in being scared to take the jump with no client base hats off to the ppl that have had the guts to take that chance & made it work! Im also mobile I hate my mon-fri job as a doctors receptionist so retrained in beauty. I hate my job even more now as know how much I love doing my beauty. I have just started in a vintage salon on a sat & sun (which is actually a tea room with a powder room in it!). Its only part time though as and when they get apps & they have only just started offering beauty so its only when they have an app (not often!). She has told me there could be potential in the future to employ a full time beauty therapist in the clientelle goes up but I dont know how much longer I can stay in this job! They also take 25% off I think this is quite good but ppl have told me its too much as using my products what do you all think? x

We rent out a room within our hair salon for beauty.
She started with a few clients that followed but still had to build up much of her client base that she now has which is keeping her busy 5 days a week.
We have quite a nice salon, out of town salon which does help initially with foot fall but what I think many people forget is that not only do they have to like you and the services you provide but also the room/environment that you possibly use makes the whole experience worthy of coming back and also worth them recommending you to others as word of mouth is the most powerful advertising.
New customers always mention as they walk in what a nice room it is and first impressions last.

My point is, what are the rooms like? Has it got space all around the couch/table, does it have a sink or shower and is the decoration giving off a quality feel as I feel this is a key component to your future success.
No point renting a cupboard in a salon just for the sake of it.

The hair salon is well presented and the massage room is a gd size.decor in that room is drab but I have everything I need to jazz it up a bit and modernise it.so I'm happy enough.nail area in in main salon but slightly off to the left and behind a clouded window,so private and on lookers from outside can't see you.
Tanning room fits a tanning tent and still space to move around so I'm happy with that too.

Latest posts

Back