Renting a chair? % or fixed rent????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesekah

Reaction score
Hello i'm from Australia, i come on this site to talk about nails but i have recently purchased a hair salon. The hair salon has a woman that i effectively rent space to with a 40/60 split (40 to me and 60 to her). This includes colours etc.

I'm not overly happy with this agreement (it was worked out by the previous owner). What is normal for a rent-a-chair? I would prefer to invoice her a flat rate of rent per week. She will have to get her own insurance as well.

Thanks

hi i don't do this myself but a few fiends of mine do, one gets charged £50 per day, the other it is 50/50 but the salon owner buys all products for her and they share advertising costs.
hope that helps x

Thanks this women wants 60 to her 40 to me and i buy everything and she supplies her own tools , ex a few which she uses of mine,

i want to do a fixed rent of 250 a week and she can pay 10 for each colour she does, plus if she sells retail she just pays me back what ever i paid for it.. does that sound fair.

sounds ok to me, do you help with the advertising costs? do you get her many bookings??
with giving you £10 per colour i think it is only fair that you let her keep the retail money.....
does she make a good profit from the colours?
my friend is sat with me as i write and she thinks it sounds a fair deal.
she won't be losing out too much xx

Hi thanks so much for your feed back, no i dont give her any clientel, she come to the salon with a few she had already, she was looking for a place just do to her clients and thats it... she didnt want anymore, the deal is she fades in the back ground and does what ever she wants and uses everything of mine... i think she makes a good make up n colour , she can chagre her own prices, which are about 60 for a colour

We do an offer of £100 per week (hair/nail station) for first 3months to help build their existing clientele...

Not tried the 50/50 split yet as it sounds too messy!!!

Naomi

Latest posts

Back