Renting a chair to a threading tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani04

Reaction score
Hi guys i work in a small salon in a village, we had a lady come in today who is moving into our village she currently works in a superdrug doing threading but she is wanting to rent a space to do threading in our salon. She has a large clientle to bring with her.

We already offer waxing so hair removal isnt really a gap in our market however we are still considering it as i do the beauty treatments but also do hairdressing so I suppose it would be handy to have someone for walk ins which we dont get many of but i dont have a huge clientle for waxing. But if she does have a large clientle to bring it will introduce them to the salin and they might come to us for hair or other beauty treatments.

What does everyone think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would say if you comfortably have the space, and she really does have a good clientele to bring with her, then I can't see a problem!

She gets space to do her threading, you get a set income from her renting the space, and no worries about holiday/sick pay etc, and the potential for new clients for other services! Win win in my eyes! :)

I'm still not sure we would need to shift a couple things but could have room. I think i would have to tell her her prices need to be the same as mines foe tinting and waxing so she is not under cutting me. My boyfriend thinks its a bad idea but he didnt go into much detail. Hes not the best for advice on this because he makes his mind up before I finish my story lol.

Hi dani

I would go for it, threading is normally more expensive than waxing from my experience
Would free you up more for the bigger beauty treatments

Could tie it in for your relaunch

Worth a try, she's bringing clients in giving you rent, could end up you having more clients yourself.

As said above threading is usually more expensive than waxing, why dont you just ask how much she charges for tinting? It may be the same as you... You just have to becareful as you cant actually tell her what she is allowed to charge.

You would get rent each week which is a plus point, & once clients are through the door of your salon they could potentially seek your services.

Id say find out her pricelist, & if your happy, go for it 😊 xx

I dont know how much I would charge. Do you think the same as if you were renting a chair to a hairdresser?

The threading in superdrug is £5 where I am, might be more elsewhere but how much can she put up her prices and keep her client base happy. I think she would not bring as many people as she thinks.

It's £8 near us. Although the girls there seem to be 'one shape fits all' and that shape is THIN!!
Just make sure she is right for your salon. You could train in threading yourselves. Salma's are great. And it's easy when you know how ;)

Laura💋

I am actually trained in threading but dont do it as I prefer waxing would need to practice if i was to try doing it

Latest posts

Back