Renting a room advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've been working mobile for the last couple of months, only actually had 2 or 3 clients though as a lot of them have cancelled! There's a room to rent in a very good, well established hair and beauty salon and I'm not sure whether to go for it. The rent is £80 a week and can work whatever hours I want up to 40 hours a week. I've told her I'm a bit worried about paying the rent as I don't have any clients and she said I can just pay a % of what I earn until I build it up. I really really want to go for it but I don't have a clue where to start! I've registered self employed and I've got insurance but what else do I need to do? If I worked in her salon would I keep my own business name and wear my own uniform? Tia xx

Has anyone got any advice? X

I think you should go for it. I am mobile aswell but it is taking me a while to build up a client base but I am just being patient. I will be starting a new job role in October as a therapist and a hairdressing salon. I can't afford to rent it so for the time being we will be do a 60/40 split as she will be providing all equipment. I would say keep your personal business completelt seperate tbh, which is what I am doing.

I would say you could work with the owner in terms of prices of treatments, promotional ideas so you can increase your income and have a steady flow of clients.

I hope it goes well x

Latest posts

Back