Renting a Room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

master30

Reaction score
Hope someone can help, I would like to rent a room to do nails etc with the possibility of having a couple of other people with me. Does anyone have any ideas of where to start.

This is a really broad question! When starting out on your own keep your costs down by finding a room with reasonable rent costs (for what you can afford, think about space you need, location, reputation of the business you will rent from) otherwise you will never get anywhere!!!

Then get ppl in with you when you are a bit more established. My nail tech is self employed on a profit share basis at 1st as I've just started somewhere new but when her column looks healthier she will just pay me rent for the space.

I am just about to satrt renting, on a two day a week basis, in a hairdressing salon. I called around some hairdressers in my local area and asked if then had any rooms that they would be willing to rent out, think I put the idea in their head more than them having a room waiting. Visited a few and decided on the one I am starting with in the 11th march, it wasn't the cheapest option, but got a good feeling about it, the salon owners have 3 salons in fife and they are around my age and are willing to work with me, so from there will just have to see where it goes. Why not call around some salons and see what comes from it, after that it is just a case of going around to see them and meeting the people and then comparing hth x

Please help----just wondering how you can find out the reputation of a company---for example an hair dressing salon. The location I'm looking into at the moment is quite mixed in terms of ages compared to my present location which is more old or retired folks. It hasn't been good I guess mainly for the fact that I've been targeting the wrong crowd. Nothing against old people---I adore them-----in fact my oldest client turned 94 years last december but I just have a feeling I need to sort something out as soon as possible. The area is quite affluent but I'm not getting enough client because they are elderly people and might not really want to have most of my treatment. I'm a beauty therapist and I also do nail enhancement and minx. Sorry to take over the thread----just that I'm in a similar situation as you.

Thanks for your input I'm just frustrated cos I find the right room but area wrong visa versa, seems like I've been looking for ages just don't know where else to look!!!! I don't want to work from a salon cos I want to expand as I already have a great client base, something will hopefully come up soon.

Latest posts

Back