Renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLCBeauty2You

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i currently work at a building society part time and have been doing beauty and nails on the side. Ive recently been asked if i want to join a hairdressing team in my area to do nails and beauty, she wants £40 a week off me as rent, the thing is im petrified of taking the leap, anyone done the same thing and have they succeeded? So scared

Catherine

I did this two years ago, I went from a marketing role never done beauty in any form and decided this is something I have a passion for! I kept my job on all the way through my training and took the jump!
I have worked my backside off since Day One and I'm now in a larger salon I work 6 days a week and many nights ( I do nail parties) and I'm chocka most days.
I've been to every single school fayre, ladies night, visited toddler groups, done the nails of local girls who work in restaurants and pubs and most importantly my nails are ALWAYS done. I did a couple of opening offers to introduce the product but mostly to introduce me! I feel strongly that clients will come back to you because of the connection they feel with you and not just the nails/products you use!
This has been the best decision and best industry I have ever been in but it's hard work! I've now heard from several people oooh your so lucky to be busy....eh no luck involved sheer determination and passion and many sore necks and backs! But the rewards I can now see, go for it! SSx

Hi there,

I am looking at doing something similar myself and it is a little scary. I currently work part-time in Sales Admin and I have decided to try and rent a room (part-time initially) and work alongside my current job to build up a client base. Then hopefully I can drop my current job and work full-time in my room.

At least you have the security there incase it doesn't work out.

Hope everything works out. X

Thank you SmillieShellac thats really helped, im very determined and if i could keep my job and do this as well i would but im not able to work for or do anything else with this company, so its one or the other and i know what i prefer. Im going to give it my all and hope for the best. I have a bubbly personality and i get on with most people, so cross fingers all will work out. Thank you

Thank you SmillieShellac thats really helped, im very determined and if i could keep my job and do this as well i would but im not able to work for or do anything else with this company, so its one or the other and i know what i prefer. Im going to give it my all and hope for the best. I have a bubbly personality and i get on with most people, so cross fingers all will work out. Thank you

Your welcome TLC I have to tell you I think it's the best way to do it 100% and not on a part time basis. You need to be able to be flexible and at first to go out your way to gain loyalty from the people who will pay your bills. It is highly rewarding just go for it! SS x

Hello everyone, i currently work at a building society part time and have been doing beauty and nails on the side. Ive recently been asked if i want to join a hairdressing team in my area to do nails and beauty, she wants £40 a week off me as rent, the thing is im petrified of taking the leap, anyone done the same thing and have they succeeded? So scared

Catherine
I am in the same position at the moment. I am a lecturer on a good wage, but really want to takethe plunge. I do mobile (mainly weddings) but am going to see if I can rent a room on Saturdays (and maybe Sundays). It won't be easy, but it depends how much you want it. Hope it works out for you, shame you are not in Mancherster, we could share space and cost!!

Latest posts

Back