Renting a table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
I was phoning local businesses the other day looking for a part time nail tech job, just a couple of days a week. Nobody is hiring at the moment but one girl said she works on her own but is looking to rent a table. Currently she is doing both nails and spray tanning. Before I call in to see her could someone advise how I should tackle the issue of who gets a new client who walks through the door when both of you are free? I know that this is something which could make or break a business relationship but I have no experience of what the different options would be. Does anyone rent on this basis and if so how do you tackle this issue?

Cheers,
Hazel

Hello there

Ive just read your thread here is my advice.

I am an holistic and beauty therapist of 6 yrs, have been mobile and worked from home, now I rent rooms above a hairdressers, so i have extensive experince in some fields.

My advice would be look for someoone who does beauty and wants someone like yourself who does nails. The problem with you both doing the same proffession is that you will definetly clash everyday where as if you worked alongside another therapist who does the beauty side then it will better.

I dont do nails and to be honest not that interested at the moment in doing it myself

BUT I have been considering hiring my nail bar out to just someone who does purely Acylic, gel, bio, and sculptured nails, mainly to help me out with the rent, if i decided to it would be a x amount a month and would have to work under my business name but the person would be able to bring in her own clients and use mine as well ( so it would work both ways)

I would have a good think about it before you decide, try hairdressers, tanning studios, beauty therapists working for themselves etc.

good luck
any other advice needed pm me if you like :)

Latest posts

Back