Repairing natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
Hi peeps

Can some one advise me how long they would expect a silk wrap to last on a bad split. One of my clients had splits to 6 of her own nails all below the hyponychium. Last appointment I carried out a nno but reapired 4 of her nails using silk and gel first. Last night when I went back for maintenance splits were back with 2 new ones. I took all the nno off repaired 6 nails, applied sculpts to 2 and then finally carried out new nno (french). To say I was there a wee while is no exaggeration. I would have expected repairs to have still been good but sadly no although my client has been gardening, is under a lot of stress and on medication.
What do you think
Charlotte

Can some one advise me how long they would expect a silk wrap to last on a bad split. One of my clients had splits to 6 of her own nails all below the hyponychium. Last appointment I carried out a nno but reapired 4 of her nails using silk and gel first. Last night when I went back for maintenance splits were back with 2 new ones. I took all the nno off repaired 6 nails, applied sculpts to 2 and then finally carried out new nno (french). To say I was there a wee while is no exaggeration. I would have expected repairs to have still been good but sadly no although my client has been gardening, is under a lot of stress and on medication.
What do you think
If she's been gardening what sort of precautions has she been taking to protect her nails?
They're not indestructable at the end of the day and some clients tend to forget that.

If she were my client then I would advise her to keep her nails quite short until the natural nail splits have had a chance to grow out (still overlayed though), if her nails are long then she will be putting undue pressure on an already weakened area.

Latest posts

Back