Resistant hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scissorz

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have a client that has just started coming to me for full head highlights, she is a natural base 7-8 an wants the highlights to be almost white blonde.
The problem she has is she previously went to another salon who use Schwarzkopf ( I use Matrix or Wella) and the past 2 times it's not taken on the root area? The last time she had to have bleach over the roots after they had tried to use the Schwarzkopf an it didn't take, however this made her hair very dry so she asked me not to use it.
I said I'd try with Matrix UL-A, the colour on the mid lengths an ends was perfect but the root area was barely noticeable? I am wondering has her hair become resistant all of a sudden? She uses professional shampoo an conditioner an isn't on any medication so I don't really know why this has happened, I've told her the next time I do it I will have to do the root area with bleach an a low peroxide would anyone suggest anything else?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi geeks I have a client that has just started coming to me for full head highlights, she is a natural base 7-8 an wants the highlights to be almost white blonde.
The problem she has is she previously went to another salon who use Schwarzkopf ( I use Matrix or Wella) and the past 2 times it's not taken on the root area? The last time she had to have bleach over the roots after they had tried to use the Schwarzkopf an it didn't take, however this made her hair very dry so she asked me not to use it.
I said I'd try with Matrix UL-A, the colour on the mid lengths an ends was perfect but the root area was barely noticeable? I am wondering has her hair become resistant all of a sudden? She uses professional shampoo an conditioner an isn't on any medication so I don't really know why this has happened, I've told her the next time I do it I will have to do the root area with bleach an a low peroxide would anyone suggest anything else?
Thanks in advance :)

Try either 11aa as its base 7-8 or ul- Aa or do what you said with low bleach x

Try either 11aa as its base 7-8 or ul- Aa or do what you said with low bleach x

Thanks blue, I'll have a chat with my client an see what we can come up with, any idea why this has happened in the first place? I know it's not me as its happened previously at another salon twice :)

Maybe try a deep cleansing shampoo before her colour. That works with resistant grey. Other then that try bleach x

Latest posts

Back