Resistant hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherle

Reaction score
Iv got a client who is 100 per cent grey, iv been using loreal 8 & 8,31 but im not getting full coverage, thats the process for when The hair is resistant iv totally forgot the name and how to do it, i keep thinking pre pigment but thats for when hair it light and u want to take it dark. if anyone could help that will be great :biggrin:

Have you tried roughing up the cuticle with peroxide? Also use the ,0 colours for the grey hair you might find it gives better cover .

Pre-soften 😊

It's called presoftening

Have you tried roughing up the cuticle with peroxide? Also use the ,0 colours for the grey hair you might find it gives better cover .

No not yet, as i forgot the name of it and how to do it, i did think u went in with peroxide and 20vol but, but do u wash off or go ahead and apply colour ? thanks

I have pre-softened in the past and used the ordinary 20 vol peroxide.
I would apply the peroxide to the dry hair at the backwash/basin, blot of excess peroxide with a paper towel. Then lightly dry with warm air, then apply the tint.

And as already mentioned above. You can use double base colors for better coverage.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some brands of double base tints can't be mixed with fashion shades ect. (I could be wrong).

:)

I have a few clients that are resistant! I usually apply straight 6% to the roots (dry hair) and dry it in the hair.. I use Wella and one client in particular like 7/3 however I am unable to use this on white hair so I have to mix double base 77/0 with 0/33 mix tone ultimately creating a 7/3 x

8,0 and 8.31. Pre soften with 20 vol - apply it like an ordinary full head colour and dry it into the hair. This should open up the cuticle ready to apply your target shade. Good luck!

grey hairs are notorious for being resistant tenacious coarse lil buggers! Dont worry pre soften as advised above. It may be worthwhile to use supreme/ dreamage - as these products already contain the presoftening in the tube and is specific for grey hairs! hths xoxo

Is it only me that thinks 8.3 should be used with 8.31 not 8.0 and yes just Pre soften x

Is it only me that thinks 8.3 should be used with 8.31 not 8.0 and yes just Pre soften x

Yes . I was taught that you can't mix the ,0 range with tones? I could be wrong but that's what I was taught. Use the ,0 on there own & they give 100% grey cover.

Yes . I was taught that you can't mix the ,0 range with tones? I could be wrong but that's what I was taught. Use the ,0 on there own & they give 100% grey cover.

Yes I think you are right!
Warm basic shades for warm tones x

the golden bases are used to mix with warm tones and they cover 100% grey amazingly.
half 8.3 + half 8.31 20vol and I bet it covers :)

the golden bases are used to mix with warm tones and they cover 100% grey amazingly.
half 8.3 + half 8.31 20vol and I bet it covers :)

Yes I was looking at 8.3 defo looks like more along the lines you are saying x

Iv got a client who is 100 per cent grey, iv been using loreal 8 & 8,31 but im not getting full coverage, thats the process for when The hair is resistant iv totally forgot the name and how to do it, i keep thinking pre pigment but thats for when hair it light and u want to take it dark. if anyone could help that will be great :biggrin:

I use L'oreal and I agree with the others- pre-soften the hair!

Also, if your client is 100% grey, I wouldn't recommend using a straight base like 8, or a colour with any ash in it, like 8.31. These colours are too dull for 100% grey, and because your client lacks melanin, there is no warmth in the hair colour. So you'll need to use an 8.3 to get a nice, natural shade that will stick. You need so much gold tone to make up for the lack of natural warmth in the hair. Don't worry- it won't come out too golden, something more like what the base 8 swatch looks like in the book!

I hope this goes some way to helping you! And I can also recommend the L'oreal starter keys and colour keys courses for a refresher on colour theory- helps me every time I get stuck on what to use on my clients!

:)

Latest posts

Back