Retail ideas for new small business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blush&Glow beauty bar

Reaction score
Hi I just recently decided to open my own beauty salon, i am fully qualified in level 2 and 3 in beauty therapy, and thought that it will be great to work for myself (financially better off being self employed) and being a mum of 4 beautiful kids, but it just seems so hard to decide what products to retail plus a lot of my clients want me to retail skin,nails vitamin supplements but i have no idea which ones and where to purchase them from.

Have you a large client Base to bring to your new salon? As your overheads will be quadrupled and some. New businesses don't make any money for at least 2 yrs. So assuming you have a good financial back up to carry you through.

As for stock and retail, you need a good rep and or a local wholesalers

Have you a large client Base to bring to your new salon? As your overheads will be quadrupled and some. New businesses don't make any money for at least 2 yrs. So assuming you have a good financial back up to carry you through.

As for stock and retail, you need a good rep and or a local wholesalers
No at the moment the salon where i used to work was in central London and not sure if most of my clients there will travel to where i am based now which is to far down but i do have quite a few clients due to word of mouth and lots of walk in's so not making a lot of money but enough to pay the bills, that's why i want to start retailing at the front of the salon (due to demand) to gain more income this way.

Ohhhh sorry, I read it as you'd decided to open a salon, not that you'd actually already opened.

Get on Google for companies you'd like to try and get s few reps out to see you, maybe a few free samples for your clients to yru

Ohhhh sorry, I read it as you'd decided to open a salon, not that you'd actually already opened.

Get on Google for companies you'd like to try and get s few reps out to see you, maybe a few free samples for your clients to yru
it's fine i have only been open for 2 weeks now so very much new.

Cuticle oil is always a good seller think 90% of my gel clients have bought one and opi mini avojuice sells well and don't cost much to have a lot in stock and because they aren't expensive if clients are going to spend £20 plus on nails they don't mind extra £5-10 on something little email me if you want for any advice start off small with your retail and build it up as u go along and you will get a feel for what your clients will spend xx

Latest posts

Back