Retailing products as a mobile hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1

Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you buy products from the wholesalers and resell them to clients? If so how much profit do you add on to the cost? Is it legal? I don't need a licence for this do i?

If clients ask me to buy a product for them I do go out and get it and perhaps charge an extra pound but only for the petrol cost-sounds petty but I realised after a while it does drain your petrol going back and forth!

I get clients all the time asking me to get them products, I had one lady last week call up for a product and asked to take it to her house when I'm next driving through the village. When I delivered the product and asked how much it was and I said £9.70 and she waited for the change from the £10 note!!!

I figured if I advertise that I can retail products for £2 or £3 more than I buy them for then I would earn a small profit from this but was just wondering if it's legal to buy and sell products from a wholesalers?x

I retail sleep in rollers, tangle tweezers and KMS hair products. Mark up is 40% ish, I offer my clients 10% discount, it's just hard realising any profit as I'm always restocking x

So do you find your products sell very well? Do you keep stock with you at all times?

I figured if I advertise that I can retail products for £2 or £3 more than I buy them for then I would earn a small profit from this but was just wondering if it's legal to buy and sell products from a wholesalers?x

That's the purpose of a wholesale! To buy goods at cost price to run a business. Every business buy from wholesalers/ cash and carry same thing!

Ask for a retail price list so you know how much to sell for?

Thanks for your replys! What products do you find sell well? I was thinking bedhead Tweens will be popular? X

Thanks for your replys! What products do you find sell well? I was thinking bedhead Tweens will be popular? X

I find these very popular but the price is hard to keep competitive now they're available in tkmaxx etc x

What do you charge for these?

I always keep 2-3 of the same products stocked up in my salon, especially heat protectant and blue shampoo, I sell for an extra $5-$8 depending on size and product, and do not deliver, they need to be picked up from me at the home salon or given to them at their next mobile hair appointment.

I'm at my wholesalers every week. If a client wants something I pick it up for them & they either pick it up from me or I drop of if I'm passing. I don't charge extra x

HairBy Amanda

I buy what i know clients want when salon services has the vat free days. Its mainly loreal shampoos and conditioners so i pay vat free and u can make some more money but i dont offer this as a service its just for my regular clients x

Latest posts

Back