Retailing products when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I was wondering how many geeks that work mobile successfully retail hair styling products to their clients.

As I'm looking to get some of my own branded hair care products from options ltd.

I was also wondering if you had a tips or advice when doing this mobile.

Many thanks

Lady M

I have only sold 1 or 2 but I explain what I'm using and tell them if they like it I can order them some but I don't drive so only take what I need

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I have only sold 1 or 2 but I explain what I'm using and tell them if they like it I can order them some but I don't drive so only take what I need

Even though I have transport i wont take loads, as it would jut take up room in the car.

I was thinking about ordering a few of each of the products that I like and keep some in the car incase a client wants to buy there and then.

Then would put in orders for anything else.

I was also thinking about getting price lists printed and giving them to clients with my contact details etc

I would do shampoo, conditioner, intensive treatment, heat spray, serum and what ever finishing product you use (wax, gel, cream etc)

Anything else you can get just for there needs

(shampoo etc I would have coloured and damaged all called different depending what brand your using)

I have a box in my car with 1of each of the most popular products,and if I haven't got what they want I get it the next time I go to the wholesalers and this works well for me,they always comment on what products I use(wella and bed head)and that their hair always feels lovely.😉

I'm using wella professional but going back to sp when I can

I sell Opi varnishes alot, in November sold a fair few of the mini boxes of a few polishes x

What are all of your thoughts on selling ghds, I'm mobile and have a good client base, I am going to set up a Facebook page as a fair few of my customers are Facebook users. I was going to photograph products that I use and post them with retail prices to encourage them to buy products from me, I wondered also about selling ghds as you can buy them off there website when they have offers and retail them at full price, just a thought as I get asked about ghds a lot and I know they don't supply to mobile hairdressers I am just concerned as to weather your legally allowed to do this, does anyone know?

Don't use ghd, give cloud 9 a try :)

I'm very intrigued about getting your own branded hair products, does anyone do this? Is it worth it? X

I have a box in my boot containing my own brand (OptionsUk) Sodium Chloride free shampoo and conditioners, Extension aftercare, plus Tangle Teezers, Sleepin Rollers and Strawberry Curls. I advertise these on my FB page and website also, but I tend to sell more by talking about them.

What are all of your thoughts on selling ghds, I'm mobile and have a good client base, I am going to set up a Facebook page as a fair few of my customers are Facebook users. I was going to photograph products that I use and post them with retail prices to encourage them to buy products from me, I wondered also about selling ghds as you can buy them off there website when they have offers and retail them at full price, just a thought as I get asked about ghds a lot and I know they don't supply to mobile hairdressers I am just concerned as to weather your legally allowed to do this, does anyone know?

cloud 9's do pro accounts for freelance...you get them at cost and theyre much better than ghd's imo :)

I have a box in my boot containing my own brand (OptionsUk) Sodium Chloride free shampoo and conditioners, Extension aftercare, plus Tangle Teezers, Sleepin Rollers and Strawberry Curls. I advertise these on my FB page and website also, but I tend to sell more by talking about them.

Do u choose what goes into the products or just design the logo on the bottle? X

I have my own branding, I emailed the artwork across and he puts it on the bottles.

Def cloud nine! Much much better, they send out order very quickly, no problems with them so far. Have straighteners, the 'o' & the wand

They have an extension products.. And moisture products etc.. What's best to use on hair extensions?is the extension range good do you know?xx

What size bottles did u get? Someone sent me a picture which I seem to have lost of bottles that appear to be about 500ml but I can't see a price for that... Anyone have a picture? Xx

Latest posts

Back