Retailing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeauty

Reaction score
Do you have any good retail products that anyone can recommend that may be worth investing in? Also what do you owners do to try and get your therapist s retailing, alot of mine cant be bothered! Its frustrating and its hard doing a commission based bonus as its really hard to monitor in two salons. Any good ideas?

Mine put "retail" on their service ticket which I record seperatly on their takings. I give 10% comm on sales.
Sales training is availabe from all the major suppliers, and you should take them up on it.
Retailing is part of their job, so if you have recorded their sales figures seperate, you can meet ery month and point out that they are falling short of what is expected. So set targets, nd make clear what your expectation is.

Just to add, also set a bonus level. If you retail x amount of product you then get a bonus of y or your commission goes up to by one or two %.

Products to invest in totally depend on your treatments and current ranges. I don't have a skincare range yet as I am mostly waxing, but for waxing Australian Bodycare works very well! I use the Hand & Body lotion as my post wax, and then have this as a retail item along with the Skin Wash. And then I also use their Hand Cleanser and Anti Septic Wipes to reinforce the brand and use of it.

Before you go out and spend too much money on more products that staff won't bother to retail, look at doing some in-house sales training with your staff and talk about commissions and bonuses.

Good luck
Mat

Latest posts

Back