Returning to Nails - Creative, NSI and The Edge advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I trained in Sept 03 with Odyssey L&P, Spangles freehand art and Spangles Gold Airbrushing. Successfully completed one-to-one Creative conversion in February 2004. I worked as a self employed nail tech full time up until March 2006.
Due to lots of unforeseen circumstances, I stopped doing nails and have not worked as a Nail Tech since 2006.
However, I feel the urge to return on a part time basis!! :green:
I have unearthed all my gear - how exciting revisiting compressors, UV lamps, nail polishes and products! I know the products will have passed their sell by dates but they are fine for me to practise on for the time being ...
I have had a play around and its amazing how the technique is still there - just like riding a bike! However, the products that I loved, I just want to double check on how to use some of them!
With regard to Creative Cuticle Remover, do I wash this off with water? If so, isn't the nail going to absorb too much water for a successful L&P application? Please advise!
Secondly, I used to love using clear gel top coats for a high gloss over my L&P which could only be buffed off - namely The Edge Clear UV Gel and also NSI Perma Gloss.
Could someone please refresh how to use these products.... and also which brush etc for gel/UV Lamp time etc. I seem to remember that the perma gloss needed another product to remove the residue..?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
I don't even know where to begin to find out about the improvements and changes to the industry....

I would suggest a refresher course with your local CND ambassador to see where your up to currently up to, he/she will recognise your skills and detect your flaws, they will also be able to answer all your questions etc. I would also think your insurance would be invalid by now.

The technology within the nail industry will have changed within the last 4-5 years, the skills needed may not have but almost certainly the products and how they perfom im sure will have.

In answer to your post me personally would not recommend mixing brands as you are heading for trouble. Cuticle away needs to be neutralised in order for it to stop working as it contains AHA's in a very high percentage I think and unless you remove fully from the nail plate will continue to work and/or can become an irritant hence why it should never come into contact with soft tissue sorrounding the finger, removing with cleanser is not sufficiant, it could also cause lifting of enhancments, I do not trust clients to wash hands properley, I get them to wash then I have a pre filled bottle filled with few pumps of cnd's citrus soak and water I spray clients hands and quickly swipe each nail ensuring lateral sidewalls and hard to reach areas have been wiped.

Not much help on other products sorry as I am a CND girl and I also dont use gel top coats just buff to high shine with my glossing block which my clients love and I actually charge more for this now as opposed to reverse lol.

HTH hun xx

Latest posts

Back