Reviews and thoughts on Bio Sculpture gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nataliebarnes

Reaction score
so many brands of gel!! can anyone recommend bio sculpture? would love thoughts on this product! Trying to make a decision on which course is tricky.

I love bio sculpture gel so do my clients, it can be used to overlay, sculpt & as an express gel polish - although they are launching a gel in a bottle in March too, plus their spa range is lovely too X

I love bio sculpture gel so do my clients, it can be used to overlay, sculpt & as an express gel polish - although they are launching a gel in a bottle in March too, plus their spa range is lovely too X
Thanks! I will look into it a little more, when I called them they said I would have to do a 1 day course in gel then I could progress into sculpture, yet on the website it says 2 day course for beginners in sculpting, so bit confused.

Thanks! I will look into it a little more, when I called them they said I would have to do a 1 day course in gel then I could progress into sculpture, yet on the website it says 2 day course for beginners in sculpting, so bit confused.

There are two courses available with kits (or there was I trained!) - the concise kit & training for overlays, then the full kit with 2 days training overlay & sculpting. X

Please can someone let me know what this thing about clients re top coating at home is about? This really put me off bio sculpture and I really wanted to do the training but I read this on the FAQ is this a thing of the past or? Xx

Please can someone let me know what this thing about clients re top coating at home is about? This really put me off bio sculpture and I really wanted to do the training but I read this on the FAQ is this a thing of the past or? Xx

They used to train to use their topcoat which was retailed to client to keep the gel fresh and shiny at home, it dries as quick as a gel topcoat anyway but they use gloss gel to give high shine finish now unless you still want to retail.

Does it last well? Xx

Also it says it can get hairline cracks? I've not had that with any other gel brand? X

I originally trained in Biosculpture. I liked it fine, but the price and the shipping costs were ridiculous. There are choices that are just as good and much better for the profit margin.

I am fully qualified with Bio Sculpture, easy to apply, quite thick so you can play around with it. Cost of one pot is ridiculous and you don't get a lot for your money, 4g tub you will get 6-7 sets of nails.
They used to do a final coat gel which you would put a shiny top coat polish to make them shiny, then they changed the top coat gel to a shiny one.
They have a tremendous range of colours, and it lasts 3-4 weeks. Some clients getting 6-7 weeks with crazy growth on them'

Opt for a soft gel, Jessica Geleration is my favourite, way to apply, easy to soak off, and lasts 2-4 weeks. Lovely range of colours, and not too expensive either. You get a lot more for your money.
Ibd is also an option with huge range of colours but I feel you only get a couple of weeks out of them too! [emoji8]

Thanks for the advice I have orly fx and opi gel at the min and I do Ibd hard gel but I like the idea of how it's good for your nail and a lot of my gel polish clients would have it I think xx

The difference with bio sculpture is because you have to train with them to buy the products you can charge a premium as its a soft soak off gel not a gel polish, hairline cracks were from the top coat that was painted on - this is from at least 10 years ago! It's not really done anymore just use the new finishing gloss topcoat so no hairline cracks. Bio are fab and it lasts, has different treatments and so many colours, sculpting gel, hard gel, medium gel, soft gel for different nail types - I'm glad I trained with them and have been using it a long time. I do also use CND shellac and now the gel bottle inc both great products but they are gel polishes not soft soak off gels xx

Thanks I am going to book on the course xx

I'll just say that bio sculpture is the No1 treatment in my salon out of all my services I offer! It's worth it you won't look back xx

so many brands of gel!! can anyone recommend bio sculpture? would love thoughts on this product! Trying to make a decision on which course is tricky.
Bio Sculpture Gel is different to the Gel polishes in bottles it is slightly thicker and there are different top coat gels that you can prescript to suit your client. Many of my clients love it and it does last. If I've a client that Shellac just does not last, maybe she is heavy handed then I will try to persuade her to have Bio, many never go back.
You have to train with them to buy the product and it is on the expensive side, but cheap is not good! You can also mix the gels together in an empty pot and customise colours to match outfits, say for a wedding etc.

Excellent product !!!

Can anyone tell me if they have a full nail varnish line I have looked online but not seen much & if you have tried the new gel polish they have what's it like? Xx

Can anyone tell me if they have a full nail varnish line I have looked online but not seen much & if you have tried the new gel polish they have what's it like? Xx

Bio Sculpture offer a matching nail polish to every gel colour available, but as you will probably know, products can only be purchased directly from them as they do not have any sub distributors. You may or may not also be required to do a training or conversion course to acquire them.

So far as their Evo gel polish range is concerned, I'm linking below a thread to get you started, but there are others to be found via the search facility:

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/bio-sculpture-evo-2.300134/

Yeah I have emailed them about the training but I'm a bit worried on how long it lasts because they say you don't need to dehydrate the nail things like that xx

Yeah I have emailed them about the training but I'm a bit worried on how long it lasts because they say you don't need to dehydrate the nail things like that xx

Bio sculpture training is fantastic and completely different to other brands. They have treatments for the nails to help with condition, bio sculpture have "dual cleanse" which is used to wipe the nail prior to application. I think it's more exclusive brand & service as you cannot buy without training. X

Latest posts

Back