Revlon Blonderful Plex Force same as Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauzz123

Reaction score
Hi, please can someone help me.
I have platinum hair and my hairs very thin and weak, I started using olaplex mixed in with my bleach highlights and the breakage really reduced. When I went to my usual salon the hairdresser told me they stopped using olaplex as the olaplex is built into the bleach powder now however she charged me the same price as olaplex (£20 added to my highlights). I agreed because why would I know any different. My hair snapped really badly and I went back and she said she wasn’t sure why it snapped so much. I told her I wanted to go back to using olaplex mixed in manually and she said no because the revlon plex force is the exact same. But it obviously isn’t. Has anyone had any experience with the “plex force” in revlon bleach? I like her doing my hair because my hair has trouble lifting ( even with a toner afterwards) without being brassy and she manages to get it that really white silver colour. I’ve tried so many salons that always leave me with a brassy finish. Is the revlon bleach the same as olaplex? Does anyone have any reviews on it? Thanks

No, Olaplex is unique and has filed numerous world wide patents protecting the formula so any other ‘plex’ is simply a poor imitation.
If she’s stopped using Olaplex it might be time to find another hairdresser?

I think I’ll have too, it’s just so hard finding a salon that does a really clean Icey blonde :( x

Hi, please can someone help me.
I have platinum hair and my hairs very thin and weak, I started using olaplex mixed in with my bleach highlights and the breakage really reduced. When I went to my usual salon the hairdresser told me they stopped using olaplex as the olaplex is built into the bleach powder now however she charged me the same price as olaplex (£20 added to my highlights). I agreed because why would I know any different. My hair snapped really badly and I went back and she said she wasn’t sure why it snapped so much. I told her I wanted to go back to using olaplex mixed in manually and she said no because the revlon plex force is the exact same. But it obviously isn’t. Has anyone had any experience with the “plex force” in revlon bleach? I like her doing my hair because my hair has trouble lifting ( even with a toner afterwards) without being brassy and she manages to get it that really white silver colour. I’ve tried so many salons that always leave me with a brassy finish. Is the revlon bleach the same as olaplex? Does anyone have any reviews on it? Thanks

olaplex is patened, revlons plex force is mearly a deep condtioner, nothing is like olaplex, olaplex is not invent a product cetegory, it IS the ONLY product in its category. If i were you, i would not retun, but i would let the salon know that you are not happy, im sorry you had to go through that!

Right, unfortunately you’re all mistaken. Olaplex is not patented, the way it’s marketed to the professional division is.

I’ve worked with all the the leading brands and their plex systems. And in fact all of these brands use the same acid protein as their plex including Olaplex, so don’t be fooled to thinking it’s something Elite.
They just market it differently.
Olaplex is marketed as an add on or it’s own treatment to allow you to reach new levels of lightness that you couldn’t reach before without excessive damage. With Blonderful I can give my clients consistent protection with everyday colouring? If I want to use a treatment I have that option. Plus it doesn’t adjust my development time.
I’ve actually used the Revlon Blonderful Plexforce Bleach for a while now, and have been extremely happy with it. It gives me lift, the hair feels stronger and in fact when working on darker levels I get a better result then I used to with Olaplex.
From a owner’s perspective it does lift, clean!

Plus it’s the only powdered plex force bleach that has an ammonia free option.

An interesting choice of username... ;)

Olaplex has recently successfully sued L’Oréal for patent infringement in the UK and is currently in litigation with them in the US.
https://www.intellectualpropertymagazine.com/legal_updates/olaplex-v-loreal-130682.htm

Just to re-iterate, Olaplex is unique and patented although it appears that L’Oreal’s Smartbond is some kind of copycat version.
However, none of the other plex’s are comparable (otherwise they would also be named in the lawsuit...)

Right, unfortunately you’re all mistaken. Olaplex is not patented, the way it’s marketed to the professional division is.

I’ve worked with all the the leading brands and their plex systems. And in fact all of these brands use the same acid protein as their plex including Olaplex, so don’t be fooled to thinking it’s something Elite.
Olaplex is marketed as an add on or it’s own treatment to allow you to reach new levels of lightness that you couldn’t reach before without excessive damage. With Blonderful I can give my clients consistent protection with everyday colouring? If I want to use a treatment I have that option. Plus it doesn’t adjust my development time.
I’ve actually used the Revlon Blonderful Plexforce Bleach for a while now, and have been extremely happy with it. It gives me lift, the hair feels stronger and in fact when working on darker levels I get a better result then I used to with Olaplex.

Just to pick up on a few points raised here.....
Olaplex has over 20 world wide patents.
The only place Olaplex “market” (advertise) the product is in the consumer press.
Olaplex does not alter the development time.
Yes it is something “Elite”.
Which “acid protein” are you referring to in Olaplex?

Olaplex is a game changing product, much like when tints moved from bottles into tubes (yes I’m that old ).
Half head test comparison anyone?

Olaplex doesn’t contain any protein, the patented ingredient Olaplex is patented all over the world, Olaplex also doesn’t require you increase the development time, your deep conditioners are not the same as Olaplex. You seem to be extremely misinformed, make sure you do your research before you spread false information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back