Rockstar removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
I love shellac and I find the removal so easy and quick- it really does take 10 mins!
I did rockstar for the 1st time on my toes and decided to have a go removing it today, after 10 mins a bit was still there so I removed what came away easily and put. The wrap on for 2 more mins- job done.
Does anyone else find rockstar takes a little longer? I wondered if buffing the surface would help to make it the usual 10 mins?

did you use an extra layer of topcoat so you couldnt feel the glitter? maybe thats the reason, personally i find 10 mins is always enough but if youve added layers or maybe done the odd layer too thick this might be the reason??

I always have 2 layers of top coat with Rockstar, and find it does take a bit longer to remove. So if that's what you did, then that would be your reason.

I always give RockStar a good buff first & leave on 5 mins longer, re wrapping if need be x

I always double top coat and finds it takes longer. Have never thought about buffing but usually pop the clients hands in some heated mitts to speed things up!

I need heated mitts!! It sounds like a little treat to add to a usually boring & tedious service x

I've been wrapping my feet in towels for the 10 mins and it came off perfectly :D

i love the way shellac comes off so easily and quickly, makes me hate the thought of removing gel now!! i do found a few more minutes for rockstar but as said think its down to the extra layer x

i love the way shellac comes off so easily and quickly, makes me hate the thought of removing gel now!! i do found a few more minutes for rockstar but as said think its down to the extra layer x
I love it too...every time I remove it I say to my husband or daughter how amazing it is coming off so easily- don't think they share my excitement lol

like PP have said...I leave for extra couple minutes due to the extra top coat.

Latest posts

Back