Rockstar toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

Okay so maybe I am missing the point here....

I have a new client that loves the look of Rockstar fingers and toes. When she called she asked if I could do them and of course i said yes so ahead we went with the booking.

She has been to my home salon today and had them done x She totally loved them but was worried about the time, it took me 1.5 to do both hands and feet from consultation to finish - pretty good time i think x

She has been having them done somewhere else but her therapist is on maternity which is why she found me. When I got the glitter pots out she was gobsmacked and asked what i was doing, I explained the procedure and she proceeded to tell me that normally, she has shellac (a colour of her choice) and then she just has a couple of coats of normal glitter polish over the top - hey presto rockstar look....

Surely this is not right! Am i missing the point here... I thought Rockstar nails were full on glitter experience! Glitter glitter glitter... not a light dusting with glitter polish and on top of shellac as well! what's all that about?...

The client loved the look of her nails and has re booked so obviously she prefers the service she got, although it takes slightly longer but it is done right in my eyes...

What do you all think, am I wrong does any addition of glitter automatically mean Rockstar nails?

No I agree you with, the point of them is glitter 'pigments' or what ever being added to the shellac/acrylic/gel! We could all but a couple of coats zillionaire over a colour but I doubt it would give the wow factor! It would just be polish, with glitter polish! .... Maybe I'm wrong just my opinion!! :)

What? The poor lady has been duped by the other salon and I bet they charged her a lot more too!

1.5 hours for both fingers and toes with consultation is a very good time. I agree that the way you have done them is correct and what I would call Rockstar. Glitter polish is just an effect it's not full on bling. Hopefully she like yours a lot better and you've now found yourself a new client. Xx

Latest posts

Back