Roller waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a roller waxing kit for legs. I use my pot on the face and rest of body but I want roller wax for clients legs.
Anyone used this one? How is it? Easy to clean? I know it'll be easy to get replacement wax for which is good.
Any other recommendations if not?
Thanks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459942782.893528.jpg

reLly good and so quick

I've always found the clean + easy brand the best roller system
If you do a search on SG for this you will find other threads

I've used that salon system one before.
Pros: wax is quick to apply, isn't too hot to hold, wax doesn't come out too thickly, don't have to squeeze to disperse wax.
Cons: Plastic holder sometimes breaks when replacing wax cartridges, doesn't stay hot for very long and takes a while to heat up (you would probably have to have up to 3 on the go for a full leg wax), it can be difficult to clean properly, I find this wax makes the skin very sticky after and doesn't always get all of the hairs off, also because the temperature doesn't remain constant, there is a higher chance of the wax sticking to the skin or any dry areas as it cools down.
Now I just stick to using pot wax and spatula, I can do it just as quickly and don't have to worry about temp change and can get all the wax off the skin easily with none left behind, so I actually find it a lot less messy. I feel like using a spatula is more precise but it's a case of each to their own!
If you really want a roller wax kit, I would suggest looking at something like a roller wax heater where you have the cartridges sitting in a heater and take them out to use. Then you can have a bunch on the go and have the option of different sized cartridges and different types of wax (such as creme). Good luck, it's fun to try something new.

I've used that salon system one before.
Pros: wax is quick to apply, isn't too hot to hold, wax doesn't come out too thickly, don't have to squeeze to disperse wax.
Cons: Plastic holder sometimes breaks when replacing wax cartridges, doesn't stay hot for very long and takes a while to heat up (you would probably have to have up to 3 on the go for a full leg wax), it can be difficult to clean properly, I find this wax makes the skin very sticky after and doesn't always get all of the hairs off, also because the temperature doesn't remain constant, there is a higher chance of the wax sticking to the skin or any dry areas as it cools down.
Now I just stick to using pot wax and spatula, I can do it just as quickly and don't have to worry about temp change and can get all the wax off the skin easily with none left behind, so I actually find it a lot less messy. I feel like using a spatula is more precise but it's a case of each to their own!
If you really want a roller wax kit, I would suggest looking at something like a roller wax heater where you have the cartridges sitting in a heater and take them out to use. Then you can have a bunch on the go and have the option of different sized cartridges and different types of wax (such as creme). Good luck, it's fun to try something new.

Thank you that's great info!
Do you know of any roller wax brands that do as you say and you heat separately?
[emoji4]

Thank you that's great info!
Do you know of any roller wax brands that do as you say and you heat separately?
[emoji4]

You're welcome! I know that Options by Hive do one which not only heats wax cartridges but also their paraffin wax spray cartridges (so instead of brushing the paraffin wax on the client you spray it). As CFBS said, clean + easy do a spa kit which is more expensive and well suited for a busy salon but I've heard it's very good! Since you're just trying it for the first time you may not even like using roller wax, so I would probably get a non-branded cartridge heater which you can buy from a wholesalers? Most cartridges fit in them so you can choose which brand of wax you want...hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back