Room rent & mobile & confused....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Ok where to start.

I set mobile up a couple of months back and its going ok. I haven't been putting as much effort in at the mo as i was working every single hour of overtime at my day job as just been on hols.

Now im back I am thinking about how I want to move forward. I love Beauty Therapy but the idea was to build up enough of a business so I could go to college to do Animal Care as I really want to work with animals. That way I can be flexible with my work whilst learning.

I have just applied for a full time position with PDSA but have no hopes as I know these jobs are rare and interest high.

Anyway back to the Beauty. There are 2 rooms available near me for rent on a permanent or ad hoc basis. The rates are £9/hr £25/day and £100/week. It includes the couch and charis, room is decorated and one has a sink. Includes the rates etc and storage. I was thinking maybe rent it for 1 day a week whilst still mobile to see how it goes.
The only thing is there is also another therapist there who by the sounds of it rents a room too, although maybe she is employed. So although being above a salon could be perfect by offering the hair client free tasters, offers etc, I don't see how it would be possible if another therapist is there? Also there is the fact we would kind of be stepping on each others toes a bit.

Or should I just see it as my room, my business, ie like 2 salons being next door to each other?

It's a big step to take although if it doesn't work out then £25 isn't a lot to lose, but any advice would be massively appreciated.

Also to those of you who mobile and have a base too, what do you do with your equipment and stock?

Sorry to go on but confused.com! x

Is no one else in the same boat?!

So I went to see the room, which is quite small, small enough that I would have to do manicures across the couch and pedicures on the coach. Although there is another room which i could possibly use for mani and pedis, i mentioned having spray tanning in there next year.

Also there is a guy there doing teeth whitening and his room is perfect so maybe if i had this room a while then if he ever left I could pounce on that one?!

Im just wondering how to fit everything in such a small room. I might start a new thread for this though and do a search.

Latest posts

Back