Room too small to create home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a post on here that someone has actually painted the walls for her tanning area instead of a tent, I thought it was a brilliant idea! Or could you wet wall two sides in a corner and pop up a wee curtain around it or something (for privacy) so that you don't need a tent, you can just wash the wet wall? Then you could just move your beauty couch over a bit to do tans.

As someone else has suggested, a nail bar hinged to the wall and maybe a set of drawers or a beauty trolley for holding supplies, use that as the leg? Then it can't collapse :) and when it's folded down its all tucked away nicely and leaves plenty space.

Adding a shelf on top of the appliances is a brilliant idea, you could also add a rail with a curtain underneath the shelf to pull closed to cover them so it feels more like a beauty room but can pull back to allow you to use them when your not working in your space.

Also adding overhead cupboards above the shelving would give you ample storage space without having to sacrifice any more work space.

Hope some of those ideas help. Xx

My room is also very small but with a little jiggling it works.
I have to set up for each treatment so when tanning table and couch are take out etc and yes it's a little annoying at times but I've Learnt to book similar treatment around same time/days so not having a room change every 5 mins

Your room should be fine as long as you organise your space well.

I'm moving soon and I have a square section at the back off the hallway with a set of doors to garden (if that makes any sense?).

I'm planning on transforming that into a treatment area by tiling a wall (and a bit on the wall next to it) so I can spray tan without the tent.

I've got a joiner who is going to make me a nail table that can be "hung " up on the wall with a mirror underneath , this means when the nail table is away I've got a nice full length mirror. And I can fit a couch in there when nail table is up.

Wax pot, nail equipment etc will all be stored on their own trolley which I can wheel in and out according to treatments.

Ill pop a pic up once done :)

As long as its comfortable working for you and the client and professional set up that's the main thing.
To be honest I've worked in treatment rooms much smaller lol.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I really appreciate it! And you've all made me realise I can make this work! :) ill take a lot of the ideas and name this work! Thanks again! X

My room is also very small but with a little jiggling it works.
I have to set up for each treatment so when tanning table and couch are take out etc and yes it's a little annoying at times but I've Learnt to book similar treatment around same time/days so not having a room change every 5 mins

I do this too - esp with doing my tans - i do them on a Wednesday or thurs 5- 8 pm so I'm not popping it up & down all day. I don't take any bookings for anything else in these times just tans ... Works for me !!! ..

Thanks you! Ill keep tht in mind when booking appointments in the future, thanks again! X

Just so you can see how mine is set up for room, I usually push my table to the side so I can get round the couch - but leave it set up like this if clients come in for nails so they can see it all set up - don't know if this helps with any ideas for you.. X

Whats the measurements of your room?x

I'll measure up later on today and let you know ... X

Just so you can see how mine is set up for room, I usually push my table to the side so I can get round the couch - but leave it set up like this if clients come in for nails so they can see it all set up - don't know if this helps with any ideas for you.. X

Hi, can see you offer shellac. Where did you get your pink cnd lamp from? I'd love one in pink!
Thanks

... And it's got a cupboard in about 1x1 sq ft ... X

It's just a normal uv lamp ... I use to do uv gel extensions, (i brought a cnd lamp with the kit but you can only get those in white) (quite handy having 2 tbh) ... I brought this pink one from the beauty show a few yrs ago tho. ... it was £35 ish I think !!! ... X

It's just a normal uv lamp ... I use to do uv gel extensions, (i brought a cnd lamp with the kit but you can only get those in white) (quite handy having 2 tbh) ... I brought this pink one from the beauty show a few yrs ago tho. ... it was £35 ish I think !!! ... X

Oh well it looks lovely in your room anyway :)
Will stick with my white cnd lamps then lol

Thats a great help thank you x

Latest posts

Back