Root glow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-kayti90

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked through old post at root glow and correcting it. I have lost all knowledge as I have been out of hairdressing for almost 6 years now and starting to pick it back up at home.
I have recently done a colour on my mother in-law who has had bleach highlights for years and wanted to go to an all over blonde. Her base was roughly a 7. I used 7/7 with 8/0. 2 part 7/7 and 1 part 8/0. She now has root glow of a very warm colour. Shall I re-apply 8/0 to the roots for 10-15min?

Please help me someone I am doing this, this morning

What product line do you use?

Which peroxide did you use? When lifting I tend to use an ash. As she is a base 7 her undertones will be orange so you would need to neutralise as you lift. So personally I would of used an ash. 8/0 will not solve the issue. You need to neutralise and/or add depth x

Hi, I have looked through old post at root glow and correcting it. I have lost all knowledge as I have been out of hairdressing for almost 6 years now and starting to pick it back up at home.
I have recently done a colour on my mother in-law who has had bleach highlights for years and wanted to go to an all over blonde. Her base was roughly a 7. I used 7/7 with 8/0. 2 part 7/7 and 1 part 8/0. She now has root glow of a very warm colour. Shall I re-apply 8/0 to the roots for 10-15min?

Please help me someone I am doing this, this morning
7/1 for 20mins with pastel
Or use colour touch 7/1 or 7/89 +1.9%

My worry was that the bleach will release the colour on ends really quickly as she washes it. So wanting to try and match it up with what is already on really well.
If I put the 7/1 on will I need to take that through?

My worry was that the bleach will release the colour on ends really quickly as she washes it. So wanting to try and match it up with what is already on really well.
If I put the 7/1 on will I need to take that through?
Just put it where the colour is undesirable. Presumably just the root area? It will need to be on at least 10 minutes to even start to subdue the warmth. Let it develop visually. Remember before removing it, it's better for it to be a tad darker for a few days than it would be if you could still see root glow (showing incompetency from a clients perspective)

Hi, so sorry for the late reply, my little boy fell ill. In result of that my mother in law left her hair and has lived with it. Just wondering, when she needs it doing again the root glow will happen again won’t it as the ends are knackered. What do you think will be best to put on as a whole?
She really likes how the 7/7 turned out just not the root glow.
Thank you in advance xx

N
Hi, so sorry for the late reply, my little boy fell ill. In result of that my mother in law left her hair and has lived with it. Just wondering, when she needs it doing again the root glow will happen again won’t it as the ends are knackered. What do you think will be best to put on as a whole?
She really likes how the 7/7 turned out just not the root glow.
Thank you in advance xx
No problem I hope he's feeling better :) I would probably go with 7/07 for the roots and if you feel you need to refresh the ends use colour touch 7/7+ 1.9% (this will last longer on damaged hair than kp)

B7261D7C-8209-4A0F-9675-D7238DCA6D5D.jpeg

Sorry I’ve tried to upload a picture of before and after to attempt to show you the result as I’m trying to work out a different colour for her now

Try 1/2 8/11 1/2 9/11 & 6%.

Every second or 3rd retouch do some blondor & 4% foils to pale blonde. Tone with Colour Touch 1/2 10.0 1/2 10/1 1.9%

Every second or 3rd retouch do some blondor & 4% foils to pale blonde. Tone with Colour Touch 1/2 10.0 1/2 10/1 1.9%
She wants to stay away from bleach all to together that’s why she wants an all over blonde

She wants to stay away from bleach all to together that’s why she wants an all over blonde
How about colour touch 7/7 +1.9% she doesn't look that dark naturally and you don't need to lift it.

That’s 7/7 on her hair now but with 6%. Do you mean put 7/7 with the 1.9 over the top ?

That’s 7/7 on her hair now but with 6%. Do you mean put 7/7 with the 1.9 over the top ?
Yeah, so you're not lifting the root, which you won't get root glow then

Latest posts

Back