Root retouch w/bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Williams

Danielwilliamshair
Reaction score
Friendly thread for everyone to post their root retouches.

Here's mine from last night on a new client, sorry forgot to get a before pic! Btw the orange glow is the lighting there was a light directly above us but i loved the angle so here goes haha. Level 9 all over, i think the ends look glowy too in a few of the pics its the light reflection though, you can see yourself haha!

No toner and no olaplex just sea extract hair mask and uniq1 ten benefit treatment

Hair is absolutely like silk so smooth so shiny and so bright!! Actually needed a trim before but after bleaching her ends look absolutely perfect! Brougjt bleach through to her length in last 15 mins becaise she had banding from previous touchups she did.

Wow!!! You are so impressive. I have a couple clients that are in need of a good trim. Maybe I'll just try pulling the bleach through their ends again??

Wow!!! You are so impressive. I have a couple clients that are in need of a good trim. Maybe I'll just try pulling the bleach through their ends again??
It does work sometimes as it swells the hair its just knowing when to rinse to prevent it from just becoming worsely damaged, peroxide has the ability to link bonds together but its not reliable and often does the opposite x but i find it does benefit the hair especialy if it's thin ill make a weak bleach and in the last 3 minutes massahe it VERY GENTLY through the ends if they're in good condition, i usually trim after anyway but there was no need here as it swelled her hair beautifully and didn't leave it coarse or dry!! Watch out for thst haha xx

If they are relatively healthy ends on the thin side go for it youll be surprised if theyre damaged a lot id not risk it without explaining first incase worst case schenario haha do it on a few strands on their head in an inconspicuous area ofcourse xx

It does work sometimes as it swells the hair its just knowing when to rinse to prevent it from just becoming worsely damaged, peroxide has the ability to link bonds together but its not reliable and often does the opposite x but i find it does benefit the hair especialy if it's thin ill make a weak bleach and in the last 3 minutes massahe it VERY GENTLY through the ends if they're in good condition, i usually trim after anyway but there was no need here as it swelled her hair beautifully and didn't leave it coarse or dry!! Watch out for thst haha xx

If they are relatively healthy ends on the thin side go for it youll be surprised if theyre damaged a lot id not risk it without explaining first incase worst case schenario haha do it on a few strands on their head in an inconspicuous area ofcourse xx
That ladt part was for a strand test not the actual tevhnique oops

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466274121.672921.jpg

This was a colour I done a while ago with beach on roots then toned as you can c from before pic her hair was a mess

That's gorgeous xx Looks much longer and thicker when it's freshly done don't you think? :)
Yeah it does it was in so much better condition. The previous hair stylist had used tint to try match it with highlights as you can see it was an absolute mess was pleased with end result!

A
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1466274589.565273.jpg

Another root touch up and blended the bands from a previous stylists job! Then toned. Was stunning

AView attachment 198436
Another root touch up and blended the bands from a previous stylists job! Then toned. Was stunning
That's similar to what I did yesterday! my client had used bleach in a box to do her roots before, and so her ends were a level 9 and then she had orange/discoloured bands at the top from not processing long enough *and obviously using inferior products:c* and i did her roots all over then last 15 mins went in and tackled the bands, came out so so so even! just slightly paler than your client in that collage xx

That looks lovely and even xx

Friendly thread for everyone to post their root retouches.

Here's mine from last night on a new client, sorry forgot to get a before pic! Btw the orange glow is the lighting there was a light directly above us but i loved the angle so here goes haha. Level 9 all over, i think the ends look glowy too in a few of the pics its the light reflection though, you can see yourself haha!

Why don't you use toners

Why don't you use toners
because didn't need one for her hair anyway, I don't use them if I don't need them, I rarely tone hair, if they want toner they can have toner *people argue that its me who decides to tell them if they need toner, but honestly it's not, if they are happy why would i tone? sure if they come back later thinking its too brassy or something they can have it toned* but sometimes raw is more unique and different. I don't do much colours nowadays anyway, just bleach mainly, and usually they want all over platinum/pale blonde hair or a balayage which is tailored to their goal/want

Why don't you use toners
If you're referring to the root glowing orange, it's a light as i said in the post, we are under a light directly, it's pretty obvious to know the difference I think? hm? the roots are the same colour as the mid lengths in person, it's just as her hair was so smooth when i blowdried it and so shiny it reflects the light more than usual *common with super blonde hair*

because didn't need one for her hair anyway, I don't use them if I don't need them, I rarely tone hair, if they want toner they can have toner *people argue that its me who decides to tell them if they need toner, but honestly it's not, if they are happy why would i tone? sure if they come back later thinking its too brassy or something they can have it toned* but sometimes raw is more unique and different. I don't do much colours nowadays anyway, just bleach mainly, and usually they want all over platinum/pale blonde hair or a balayage which is tailored to their goal/want
I'm sorry but you saying it's you that decides if they want that's like me saying it's the clients deciding whether they want ther hair prepgimented or not. Toning not only makes your blondes look a lot nicer it conditionens and adds shine rather than just a flat bleach look

I'm sorry but you saying it's you that decides if they want that's like me saying it's the clients deciding whether they want ther hair prepgimented or not. Toning not only makes your blondes look a lot nicer it conditionens and adds shine rather than just a flat bleach look
i know what toners do? I didn't need one for this particular client.

We have all said this before. Daniel doesn't tone any of his bleach clients. Its not worth the effort as he is set in his ways with this.

We have all said this before. Daniel doesn't tone any of his bleach clients. Its not worth the effort as he is set in his ways with this.

I know don't know why I'm wasting my time!!

excuse me i never said i don't tone ANY my clients, i said i don't tone all of them, i do some, but not all/not most. and Joe? how have you wasted time? you asked me a question and i told you this client didnt need a toner? how has that wasted YOUR time?

@Nadia Appleby Here we go, I'm so happy you could join the forum! By the way the client in this photo is Nadia, who I recommended to the site! She can clear up any issues on the hair in this thread

Hey, I'm the model in this picture, I am very happy with my hair and I was offered a toner, but I didn't want one as I was in love with my hair, it looks and feels amazing, thanks so much Daniel I am so pleased with the work you have done on my hair, it is truly magnificent xx If you ever need your brows, nails or tan doing you come to me hunny I'll give you a discount for your fantastic work xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back