Rsi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decadence

Reaction score
hi does anyone suffer from RSI ? if so how is it treated? My hand has been killing me for weeks now on and off x

Go to the Doctors and get a proper diagnosis.
You may get referred for physiotherapy which will give you excercises/stretches to do to help ease it, or some form of splint support you could also be given anti inflammatories.

You should look at how you work to see if there are any small changes you can make to ease this in the meantime.

I agree with Izzi, get a proper diagnosis first. I spoke to my Dr about issues with my hands aching and she suspects early arthritis and can do nothing at this stage :confused:

You should look at how you work to see if there are any small changes you can make to ease this in the meantime.

This is a good point...

I see far too many techs with bad seated posture, using their 'wrist' to file.

In other words, flicking their hand backward and forward to move the file across the surface...

The better method is to retrain yourself to use your bigger arm and shoulder muscles to file. Achieve this by holding your wrist in a fixed position when filing. It could save your career.

But now your are suffering pain you should indeed visit the doctor for help...

Good luck

Latest posts

Back