Ruby Ritz, not glittery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi

Direct me to the post if this has been previously discussed (I have searched with no luck)

I have an original bottle of Ruby ritz & have a new one & it's horrible! Iv stirred & shaked and it's like a horrible red slush with practically no glitter!

My old one was so glittery the texture was almost gritty, whilst using it today I had to wipe off & use the dregs from the old one.

It's one if my most popular colours so I need help!

I don't know if this picture does any justice but the right hand is the old RR & left the new one...see the difference? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413320397.376651.jpg

Give it a really good stir with an orange wood or tooth pick stick! The glitter seems to settle at the bottom, but can be "reinvigorated"

hth x

Hi

I noticed the same the new ruby ritz is nothing like the old one!!! Shame as was the best!! Literally half the amount of glitter I'd say! 😩

Mine was like this to start with then I used an orange wood stick an really stirred the mixture around in the bottle, then shake Shake Shake and it should be just as glittery as the old one :)

if not you could always do 1x wildfire, cure, then brush the lecente glitter in cardinal into the sticky layer then ruby ritz over the top cure then top coat.
That will make them extra glittery and also some of the lose glitter will will get onto the brush of ruby ritz then into your bottle giving it a bit of extra sparkle 😉 xxxxx

Yes as above it needs a stir the glitter & pigment settle at the bottom shaking isn't enough, mine did the same - gel stirrer and it was glittery again x

There was a thread on this last year I remember it well loads commented saying the same I think it was they changed the consistency please please CND no green duo packs with ruby ritz ....what was the point of that 1 !! You have all greens full to the grim n ruby ritz going out of stock like madd 😤😤

Stirring will help the consistency of the glitter, but you have to remember as well that as the shellac is in use solvents will evaporate through use and the product will naturally be more glittery as you reach the end of the bottle. This happens with any glitter gel polish or any regular polish. It's perfectly normal. You can't compare an old bottle and a new bottle of it and expect it to be the same.

All shellac gets more opaque the more you use it :) I think alot of the fuss about shellac getting thinner is people are comparing an old bottle that has alot of evaporate solvents with new bottles that have all their solvents. Also if don't shake your bottles well every time you use them, the first couple of uses will use excess amounts of solvents causing your shellac to become thicker that it should.

S2 told me to stir Ruby ritz x

Latest posts

Back