Russian cuticle removal technique?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the function of your cuticles! To protect the matrix and rest of your finger from infections!! ;) I wouldn't advise being too intrusive with your cuticles. X

They use cuticle scissors and they have a lot of experience in doing it. They probably attended a separate course for this. I think if you really want to know all the steps etc you would probably have to go to Russia haha
Sometime I wish I was Russian so I would know all their little nails secrets. Lol
But I would not recommend taking all the cuticle to be honest. Leave some to protect your matrix.
Here is a picture I've found of them doing it.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1445330396.927007.jpg

Cuticle is dead tissue that is shed from the underside of your eponychium. Its the white gooey stuff (very technical term) that you see on your curette or cuticle knife when doing cuticle work in the above photo they are cutting the eponychuim which is living tissue and should not be done, it is an old fashioned technique that will cause a callus to build up around the edge of the nails (which they then cut off again). Terminology like this can be very confusing, i know i often use cuticle and eponychium to mean the eponychium.

I'm not talking about doing anything of the sort with my own nails, to get the same result but not risk infection by cutting into living tissue regular manicure work and good aftercare is all that is needed.

They use cuticle scissors and they have a lot of experience in doing it. They probably attended a separate course for this. I think if you really want to know all the steps etc you would probably have to go to Russia haha
Sometime I wish I was Russian so I would know all their little nails secrets. Lol
But I would not recommend taking all the cuticle to be honest. Leave some to protect your matrix.
Here is a picture I've found of them doing it. View attachment 191359

Oh yes this is the video I was shown during in training and is what I was referring to when i said they literally cut it off [emoji87] incredible skill but terrifying too! X

Oh yes this is the video I was shown during in training and is what I was referring to when i said they literally cut it off [emoji87] incredible skill but terrifying too! X

Found a close up
Indeed terrifying! I imagine this is probably a single unit for them lol!

Attachments

• 1446213642324.jpg
    1446213642324.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
Found a close up
I have to say ' it is somewhat annoying when the uk have lots of rules etc but after seeing theses pictures im glad we do coukd get all sorts of infections from this yuk

I can do this without batting an eyelid, sometimes it is a very useful skill to use on nail biters and people with terrible nails just in general, to offer an instant fix. I have been doing that since I was a teenager by doing my own nails.
But as nice as it looks, it does open nail to infections, and one slip and you cut an actual flesh...now I prefer healthy and natural nails :)

P.S. I am not Russian [emoji39]

This is a topic I was confused on for a while. According to my teacher, when I go to do my practical test the want us to cut the eponychium and have one full piece to present to get the point for it. This seems ridiculous to me and i would really rather just not get the point.

Found a close up

Oooof this gives me the heeby jeebies [emoji85] I darent even imagine some of the disasters they mist he had practicing this [emoji33]

This is a topic I was confused on for a while. According to my teacher, when I go to do my practical test the want us to cut the eponychium and have one full piece to present to get the point for it. This seems ridiculous to me and i would really rather just not get the point.

When you say one full piece do you mean like one full piece of skin that you have cut off the eponychium?! Xx

When you say one full piece do you mean like one full piece of skin that you have cut off the eponychium?! Xx
yes.. like the pic previously posted... its insane.. if its not a full piece you lose the point...

Oh wow - to expect that during training is a big ask! Where abouts are you Crystal? Not UK based I guess?! Xx

the person in that photo just has good cuticles that have completely shrunk back. my cuticles look like this, you can pull the skin right back with your finger when painting and get really really close , then when the shellac is finished you can relax the skin back down , here's a photo of my nails , I had no flooding and it didn't touch any skin [emoji3] View attachment 191213 I could have got closer if on a client but need both hands to that, you can kinda see the effect from my pinkie [emoji3]

Beautiful

yes.. like the pic previously posted... its insane.. if its not a full piece you lose the point...
In the UK you should not be cutting the eponychium. It is there to stop getting an infection. However the college course I did last year taught me that you should! But I've learnt you shouldn't!! As per Marian Newmans The Complete Nail Tech, and many other reputable sources x

Oh girls!!))) I'm Russian and to read what most of you think about us is a really amusing)))

Latest posts

Back