Russian Lash problems, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chanlou

Reaction score
I am writing as a client not a therapist.

I regularly attended a salon for russian lashes and they were lovely. However late last year I changed salons for no other reason but it was closer to my work. I was never patch tested at this new salon. The first time I had them done they were too long and felt spikey so I removed them, the second time, just before Christmas I thought I had an eye infection as my eyes were swollen and sore so I removed them a few days after having them done. So on Friday after a break of five months and still thinking it was because of an eye infection my eyes were sore at Christmas I decided to have another full set done.

By Saturday morning one eyelid had become swollen and sore and it got worse as the day went on. That afternoon I rang the salon and they said to see how they were and they would be in the salon on Monday if I wanted to go in. I went in today and they have removed them. There is still glue attached to the skin on my lash line so they were placed too close.

I paid £80 for a full set of lashes and I would like to know if I should have been given a refund?

I said to the therapist that I hadn't had a patch test and maybe I was allergic to the glue but she said that they don't always give patch tests because the lashes don't touch your skin.

Did they do a consultation and did you tell them about your previous experiences?
I think their policy of not offering to patch test is incredibly unprofessional. The patch test is for the glue not the lashes and as the glue is obviously on your skin, I’d be inclined to complain and point this out to them and I’d probably be asking for more than just a refund.

From what you’ve said, I think it’s possible that you’ve developed a reaction to the glue, which isn’t that unusual. Realistically, you might need to give up on having lashes.

In my opinion a patch test should always be performed (even though the adhesive should NEVER touch the skin) as it is possible for clients to react to the fumes which is the main reason for a reaction. Sadly some salons have a different policy and it can depend on the insurance as not all insurance require the salon to patch test, however all the risks should have been covered in the initial consultation where the treatment, outcome etc is fully explained to you.

Latest posts

Back