sacked unfairly!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I wrote a letter again asking for a reason and again I was told I was not entitled to a reason as I had not yet been there a year.I didnt think there was much else I could do than put it all down to a nasty experience and move on.(I would still like to be able to inform her insurance tho!!:smack:) xx

WHAT?! What has that got to do with it.... in terms of employment, you working there for that length of time would qualify you for sick pay at her cost... Maternity pay from her business....

.. I am under the impression that I have to provide contracts for the girls who work for me before they have been there 12 weeks...

I wouldn't let this go, you have been treated appallingly. Most definitely contact ACAS or someone... seriously, you will not lose!

I know it is awful but she is right.ACAS says you have to be employed for a year or more to have the right to an explanation.She gave me holiday/1 month in advance etc so she has done everything required.If I could prove the reason she fired me I might have a health and safety case.However I cant.I know why she did it she knows too but it would be hard to prove.Thankyou for caring though its lovely of you :)

I know it is awful but she is right.ACAS says you have to be employed for a year or more to have the right to an explanation.She gave me holiday/1 month in advance etc so she has done everything required.If I could prove the reason she fired me I might have a health and safety case.However I cant.I know why she did it she knows too but it would be hard to prove.Thankyou for caring though its lovely of you :)

Really?

So you can sack someone for anything if they have worked for you less than a year?

I wish I knew that beforehand!

It's not right though for being unfairly dismissed without you doing anything wrong however.

I am sorry about this. I wonder if she knew this beforehand?!

wont it say on your record cards who the treatments were carried out by ?? you could ask ? and its a catch 22 , coz if she hasnt got them she is void anyway , !

Really?

So you can sack someone for anything if they have worked for you less than a year?

:lol:
She def knew excactly what she was doing as she fired the last therapist for very little on xmas eve as it was the last day of her probation period!That was the therapist I had to 'take' over from.Do you know anyway I could find out who she is insured with?

Really?

:lol:
She def knew excactly what she was doing as she fired the last therapist for very little on xmas eve as it was the last day of her probation period!That was the therapist I had to 'take' over from.Do you know anyway I could find out who she is insured with?

No, it makes no difference who she is insured by... she had YOU doing treatments on paying customers WITHOUT being insured.. or being fully qualified (am I right?).

I would contact your Health and Safety, and as Dee said... she should be keeping records. Everybody should these days... which reminds me.. I need to get an accident book! (For the staff... not the clients!!!)

would her insurance be interested to know that I was instructed to do all these treatments when I was unqualified which would make the insurance invalid.
Re the treatment cards yes I always wrote my name on so with that in mind there Is proof I was doing these treatments.Thanks girls! x

it all depends whether her insurance covers her for trainees
as you were employed as a trainee then you wont have a case against her re insurance

:eek: what I am bitter about is being fired for refusing to do these treatments.You are wrong re the

' treatments willingly and it is only now you have been fired you think that is was wrong to do these treatments but for the past year you have done them without complaint '.

As this was my first place of work in the beauty industry I did as I was told as an employee.I nicely said to my boss throughout I was unhappy doing them but was told either we would start telling the clients I was training or she would start saying the treatments were half price etc.These things didnt happen so it was when I said I do not and will not do these treatments that I got the sack.I felt quite lucky to have had the job and really didnt want to lose it.If it was a case of me happily doing traetments since January and then getting fired for something else perhaps you would be right.perhaps I should have said no sooner but then hindsight is wonderful and it would have meant I would have lost my job sooner.
We live and learn though!

sorry this is the post I was replying to I havnt gone mad and started seeing things!

ulia_james has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
sacked unfairly! - in the Chit Chat forum of Salon Geek.

This thread is located at:
http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/53639-sacked-unfairly-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
i know you have ben treated like crap but on the other hand you have to take
responsibility that you yourself did these treatments willingly and it is only
now you have been fired you think that is was wrong to do these treatments but
for the past year you have done them without complaint
sorry to sound harsh but it seems like bitterness
saying that you should still check out about unfair dismissal as you need to
have verbal and written warnings

Latest posts

Back