Sad And Lonely In My Nail Bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
Hi There

I Am New Here But I Have Been Watching And Reading (and Learning) Thanks To You All. I Have A Problem. In The Summer I Began Renting A Room In A Salon Which Does Hair, Barbers, Beauty And Sunbeds. As I Work Full Time But Lurve Nails I Am Spending As Many Evenings There As I Can And All Day Saturday. During The Summer I Was Booked Up And Really Busy And Loving It. Now I Am Quiet And Am Sad Cos I'm Not Busy Any More. I Know My Nails Are Ok Cos I Have Regulars Who Are Coming Back And They Are Saying How Pleased They Are With Them But I'm Not Getting Anyone New.

I Am Planning To Go Part-time So I Can Donate More Time To The Bar.

Wot I Need Is Help. Can You Give Me Advice On How To Get It Alive Again? I Haven't Started Retailing Items Yet As I Have Just Obtained A Display Case. I Would Love Ideas On How To Get Clients In, Where To Get Some Good Stock From And How Can I Make The Clients Feel Special?

Please Help If You Can.

Thanks

Wyliekit

Click on Search

Put in ... promotions

Hit go and you will see lots and lots of good ideas for you to try out. You're not the only one who has gone flat just now.

Get creative and enthusiastic ... it will influence others.

Thank you. stuck in office at the moment but when i get home tonight that is my first job.

hi i am in a slump some what and would like to know where to click on the promotion?

Hi Nail Chic
I Have Just Had A Quick Look (in My Coffee Break!) At The Promotions A Go Go Thread And There Is Some Good Advice There.

Good Luck

Wyliekit

I rent space in a hair salon and if I'm quiet I promote myself by approaching hair clients and offering to give them a complimentary hand and arm massage or a file and buff. Usually, as soon as I say 'complimentary hand and arm massage' they say, 'Oh, yes please!' and do you know, it costs peanuts and usually bags me another client! :D

By giving them a complimentary they feel really spoiled and it's good customer service. They will remember you that's for sure.

Don't just stick to the ladies...offer the gents a complimentary file and buff too. I find the girlfriend buffer works a treat as once they see how healthy and shiny their nails look after being buffed they usually book in for more! I've even had a couple of clients ask to buy the buffer so it's great for retail too.

Another thing I do (that clients love!) is to offer to paint the little ladies' nails!! Little girls love it and it takes 5 minutes of your time. Usually, taking kiddies to a salon is a nightmare for most parents so it's a lovely little treat to offer and usually brings in a booking! Even if you don't get a booking from it straight away the mother will remember you when she does decide to have her nails done.

I try to weigh up the cost of doing the complimentary treatments against getting thsoe extra bookings. It saves sitting around staring at four walls and gets me out there amongst possible clients. To be honest, a bottle of massage oil goes along way so overall it doesn't cost that much and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than advertising.

There's sooooo many things you can do to promote yourself. Why not get some really lovely laminated posters made up and put them in those little clear acrylic stands. Set them up everywhere...in the reception, at the sinks, everywhere! It's coming up to xmas so have promotions on the go right now..get them thinking about their nails. Get a sandwich board thingy sitting outside the salon with fabulous eyecatching images on both sides so people know you are in there...your salon might already have one you could use.

Get some retail out on display too...I bought the 'Mogul' collection from Creative and that sits on the reception desk next to the solar oil display. Clients always notice it and then notice me!

Let me know how you get on!!!!

Lynn x

Hey there dont despair. What do you like about shopping and why do you go to the stores you go to ? What do you like to see ie.window diplays. Warm fuzzy feelings without the $$$$ Eventually you'll go in AND THEN.When it's quiet time look at your existing products maybe you'll only need to purchase 1 or 2 related items to increase your service menu.Usually if I sit long enough they talk to me & a new service is born from an exsisting format. I'm always pinching stuff from home & getting in trouble for buying more green tinted glass.Love it with Creative Spa Pedi & some sea shells and some and some .............Iv'e traded nappies for never ending Salon Towels. I work it around the seasons and of course Creative's beaut stuff. Together with a bunch of knowledge & skill. Utilizing the products to the best of your advantage is the biggest secret of all.Make yourself available. Even if your just enjoying a discuusion if you listen there'e always an opportunity to advise.You are the professional after all..jnail

Thanx All For Your Help. Its Real Tough When You Are Getting Going But You Have Given Me Some Good Ideas. I Love This Site Too. I Don't Know What I Would Do Without It!

Thanks Again

Wyliekit X

Can I just say - this is my first time on this web site - I'm a nailgeek virgin! I totally understand where your coming from - I feel exactly the same - although unfortunately my nail bar isn't in a salon - it's in an indoor shopping centre which many sells furniture, so make the most of the clients you have available - your salon will offer you an endless supply of passing trade - so tap into it!

Lorra luv - Donna xxx

Latest posts

Back