Sales of polishes - how many do you sell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am due to open my new salon in 2 weeks and am wondering about the amount of polishes I should stock. I am going with all CND products from Acrylics & Gels to spa manicure and polishes but wonder how many polishes I could expect to sell? How mant do you sell and do you buy in bulk or single colours? I ask mainly because I am going to really be pushing colour gels for overlays and extensions and colour acrylics for extensions too....Not forgetting Minx of course. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

I aim to sell a bottle with every service I perform and mostly I do that. Because I perform nail services on a part-time basis and I manage to sell on average around ten bottles a week.

I bought a retail pack from CND so I got the stand and selection of colours and I order each week so I don't run out. Trends really vary so I can't say, for example, that I only sell pinks. One week it could be a run of reds, the next it could be blue. I can tell you that the Effects range is going really well so I always sell a Shimmer or Pearl plus a Colour. With anything, it's always a risk buying a retail product because it could bomb but as CND is the bomb, I know I can rely on it if I sell correctly.

For example, I allow my customers to experiment, incorporate prices with services and I make up packs etc so it's not as though I let them sit there quietly hoping they'll be noticed. How you retail also impacts sales but I must admit I've never had to work that hard to sell anything by CND.

Thanks Velveteen,
For the advice, I will be looking in to the small retail stand. Need to brush up on my sales knowledge for opening day.
Sam

Latest posts

Back