Salon advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lfox

Reaction score
I have a salon room with only 2 stations.. I converted an old stable joined onto my parents pub. I only work by appointment as I don't get walk ins as it's not got the foot fall...my clients know how I work and I have a good reputation.
Anyway I have a girl who wants to rent a chair off me 3 days a week to do her barbering (she was at a busy barber in the town for years and also has a good rep) I am still trying to build my clientele up... I'm more interested in ladies but I do have guys as I did a bit of barbering to... iv told her I don't want competition in my shop so she can only do barbering and not ladies as I'm focusing on the lady side of it, and don't want competition in my shop. Iv been happy on my own for 2 yrs but I wonder if this will benefit me in any way... she said she paid her last shop £30 a day she will do 3 days... I said she will have to work by appointment only, as I don't want a que of men while my lady is sat with a colour on as it's a small room and don't want my ladies feeling uncomfortable.
I will have to give my dad half the rent, so not sure it's worth it really.. what everyone els think? Is £30 a day cheap or reasonable.

I dont think its worth the money for the hassle. Especially as you have to split it. There will be people waiting as people show up early or some late at times. You cannot guarentee no one waiting.
Id also say seems very cheap but im not near you so might not be.

I dont think its worth the money for the hassle. Especially as you have to split it. There will be people waiting as people show up early or some late at times. You cannot guarentee no one waiting.
Id also say seems very cheap but im not near you so might not be.

No, I wouldn't go there....I just don't see how it would be worth it for you.
You'd just as well do another client yourself for that money.

Don't underestimate the wear and tear of another person using all your facilities....especially her steady flow of male clients....
Barbers usually have a client every 15 minutes! o_O

Latest posts

Back