Salon bleached hair - Went to jelly, then tinted wrong colour - now BLACK! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veroniqua

Reaction score
Hi All,
I would sincerely appreciate your help on this one. I have naturally dark brown hair which I have been getting a whole head of blonde foilf on for years, so I was blonde. The blonde started getting unhealthy and the last time I went for my foils the hairdresser left it on for too long and my hair on the T Section went like jelly. After this, the hairdresser told me I could no longer have foils / bleach or I would get a chemical cut. I was too scared to get more bleach as my hair is still like jelly every time it's wet and is now very unhealthy and breaking etc. Anyway, I decided to go dark to give it a break and try to get it healthy again and I went to the hairdresser and asked for a warm golden brown. I now have jet black hair... Going from blonde (which I loved) to jet black, is a massive shock and people keep calling me morticia, it doesn't suit me and I am gutted... I have tried washing and washing (and washing and washing...) to no avail. It lightened maybe half a shade, but it is still very very dark. Can anyone help me with advice of how to get my hair lighter? I don't want to bleach it as it's just not in a state to take bleach, but can I somehow lighten this horrible black tint? Can I use another tint? Is there a way to wash out or weaken the current tint? I am realistic and know I can't go back to being blonde, but I can't handle this black hair, it's dreadful and people keep giving me pitying looks! I just want it to go back to being a 'normal' brown... I reeeeeeeally appreciate any help. Thank you so much!

hi i think ur best bet would be a clarifying shampoo, its used to get rid of unwanted oils product build up etc so it will also help on stripping the colour.

colour always fades so keep at it, but i wouldnt suggest trying any other chemical processes, wait til ur hair fades up and the jelly like hair is cut out then u can start to use a semi once the colour gets to a more suitable level

hth!

yep ,no more processes until your hair has settled . id use a restructuring conditioner ,not a moisturising one ,and go for a big cut , then perhaps you can think about going a shade lighter .- but to be honest - your hairdresser should have refused to colour your hair last time if it was getting bad.

Latest posts

Back