Salon closure, need some advice on what to do next

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlondeyG03

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm brand new to this site and would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer me!

Basically Iv been working In a salon In Nottingham for the past 2 and a half years, I completed my Nvq level 2 with them in July and have been a junior in the salon up until now.
Unfortunately without any warning my salon was shut down last week making us all redundant without any notice whatsoever!
It was a toni&guy salon which meant I was doing my vardaring training with the hope of going to the academy in London soon. However I am abit stuck as what to do now as I feel like I am stuck between being a qualified stylist but also zero confidence and very little experience on the salon floor. I feel like I still need further training but with my age (23) and the fact that I am level 2 qualified, any employer will expect me to be more experienced. :(
Sorry it's long, any advice would be appreciated. :)

I would call around salons/pop in cvs.
Unfortunately if you haven't got any salon experience you will struggle to find a stylist position in a salon. Most employers make it a requirement that you do have some sort of floor experience.

If you explain your situation you will probably get a junior stylist/apprentice position and have to work your way up until you gain enough confidence.
Could you not try another toni&guy salon and just pick up where you left off?
That might be worth doing.
Goodluck!

Latest posts

Back