Salon in the garden

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
morning! Ok I'm after any advice from all you lovelies that work from a summerhouse in the garden...Im going to be doing this, and wanted to know what size I'm allowed to go to....any recommendations on good sized houses (within my limits)........i would like to fit a beauty couch, mini 2 desk nail station, toilet and maybe a chair or two for waiting clients..
What i need to do, regarding telling my mortgage company what I'm doing...etc etc.
Any advice greatly received x

hello I can't answer your questions but I have seen a summer house salon thread on the business page I think I saw it there was loads on there . Good luck .

i have bought one myself will be interesting what response and replies you get :)

Hiya.... ive recently looking into this myself... and decided to use the spare room in the house instead.....
If you plan to hav members of the public paying money ... which you do... then youll need planning permission... and building regs.... the floor will need to be a specific thickness.... pat testing and health and safety policy... insurance.....

You may also need a licence issued by your council depending on what treatments you offer..... this is as far as i got... the cost outweighed the need as i have a spare roon... which needs no regs or planning....
Hope that helps... it may be different in your area x

People may say you dont need all that... however if a client was injured at your salon.... by any means..... and she sued.... your public liability insurance provider would probably not pay out.... you could just go ahead ... do it and not tell anyone.... but you do so at your own risk.... xx

Latest posts

Back