Salon Llighting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I have a home salon and my treatment room is in a large 20" room that used to be our dinning room. The house is very traditional with fixtures and fittings and original features and in my salon I have a crystal chandelier above my treatment couch/main area that I work, which I am finding not very good for intricate work such as detailing when waxing. (My eyes are not as good as they were and new glasses are on order after having them tested last week) but I am thinking of replacing the light fitting with something that gives me better direct lighting to my treatment couch.

I am just not sure what would be suitable for a salon and if there is anything that might fit in with my traditional surroundings yet be an efficient source of lighting.

Can any of you salon owners recommend anything that may be suitable.

TIA

You won't like this answer Jen, but I think you'd be best to have a really bright fluorescent ceiling light and have pretty wall lights or lanps for style. xxx

Yep i agree! I've just had the lights changed in my salon as i was struggling to see and i went for flourescent strip lights. They have diffusers on though so they are not glaring. Only had them put in at the weekend but am so glad i did as i can see much better now. They are also a lot cheaper-was told it should cut my bill down by about 3/4's!!

Latest posts

Back