salon on wheels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty2you

Reaction score
  1. hi im just setting up my mobile beauty therapy buisness and was wondering if anyone out there has a salon in a van, from salon on wheels?
just the guy is going to show me one in a few weeks and was wondering how they fair as they look fab but im just not sure any advice would be fab xx

I've always fancied doing that myself. I saw someone do this years ago on the Big Breakfast and Chris Evans interviewed him.

I think its gimmicky and will grab peoples attention, you may well get into places like Land Registery and Call Centres. mind you, they would probably say something about insurance, like what if an employee broke their leg in the carpark or similar.

I saw the advert and thought, interesting, then I went to the web site and what put me of was the fact that they don't show you the price.........
Ok they offer a lot of support but you can get business support from other places for free.
There are places that will do camper van conversions, i.e. you buy something like a ford transit van and they get it converted to whatever you want.
I think I would be inclined to talk to one of these places to find out what the actual costs involved are before I parted with any money or signed any contracts.
It might say you a significant amount of money and give you something that is exactly what you want rather then something that nearly fits the bill.

i must admit im a bit concerned they didnt put the price on and when i asked he said you would be able to run it for around £30 per day including the price of van petrol and insurance taken over 4 years that will be around £40k mmm a lot. i might look around and see if i can get some prices on my own conversion. the idea is mint though, i still would like to know the price to by one out right but he said he will discuss that when he comes to show me it. thanks for all the replys xx

Quirky but where would you park it?! at an average persons house/street. Not at all practical in London that's for sure! :lol:

Latest posts

Back