Salon open for appointments only?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking into flexible opening times and was wondering if anyone else who runs a small salon does this?
For example, would you open the salon on a 'by appointment only' basis? I have been advised that for a salon that only does waxing and IPL, this would work well as I don't generally get walk ins for a brazilian lol.
I currently rent a room, so the salon is open even when im not in, but would this work well/be acceptable if I had my own small salon?
Hope this makes sense x

Just to add, I use a mobile number for appointments so wouldn't be missing any calls from a landline.

I also use a mobile i rent a room im open all the time the hairdressers are open i find after work hours people do book i dont even have my hours anywhere as i dont have set hours

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello

I started my business about 3-4 years ago (cant remember now!) i rented a room for 3 years at a physio and i was by appointment only so i would go in as and when was needed, as when your renting a room its hard to build up to begin with...but is fab to do i built up a good client base before i opened a shop
I now own a shop (Sammy Anne's | Beauty & Holistic Therapies)
and the way i do the hours (so i still have a little life ;) ) are...
10-4 (appointment only after 4) i do this everyday except wednesday im closed and sunday is appointment only - so if i need a money boost can open book if i need a day off im 'fully booked'
This works well for me as its only me in the shop (and few people who rent the room off me) somedays i can be in till 9pm at night other i can go at four (which is very rare) im at work now and here till 7! so i am all for appointment only, which works well as some people need really late ones after work, then you get earlier finish a different day :)

Hope this helps :)

Sammy

Yes, I have business premises and do appointment only.

I started with more regular salon hours but have always been open to being flexible and I just found that in the beginning especially when I was trying to build it up, I'd be sat there all day with nothing much happening and then at 5pm I'd start with clients until quite late.

I'm in an area of very high employment and young families so even the young mums who are at home in the day have to wait until 7pm for husbands to get back from work to look after the children. I guess it depends who your clients are...

All my calls are diverted and I never leave the house without my diary so I can sound like I'm on the job wherever I am. I'm sure I do miss passing trade and drop-ins but then when I've put this to the test I can be there a whole day and not have a single unexpected person walk through the door so who knows?

My clients all seem absolutely fine with it and I think you just have to educate them and convince them of the benefits. By being appointment only it allows me to be much more flexible in working and personally I like that (couldn't think of anything more boring than regular hours) but it certainly wouldn't be for everyone.

Good luck!

Thanks for your replies. Its good to hear that by appointment only can work well. I wouldn't want to be sat for hours in a morning if I didn't have a client, (hopefully not very often). :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back